Would you join me in Exodus?

Started by Random_White_Guy, July 15, 2018, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

You begin to "ALMOST" feel connection to your deity

Sir Caedyn Auxmere was born to fail. A once great Aasimar Crusader turned failed Knight, a Failed Paladin, he entered EFU and my design had been for him to be an LG Drunken Mercenary. Using booze to "Numb" his aasimar calling of tormite blood to crusade and fight all evils and smite the wicked. Instead while drunk trying to be fairly "Human" in his pursuit of good. The idea had been to rather take a monetary task for mercenary work he would ask for a "Moral tax". Offering to champion any cause, any people, and any contract if the individual who partook of it would repay by trying to do good deeds and upholding a code of conduct.

Torm may be dead but his teachings need not be, "Salvation is found through Service" the first line of his dogma. Work to try and save one person through the apocalypse, if you do that, this hell worth it

The original app was to make an Aasimar who through service to another found his way to redeem himself as a PRC Knight/Paladin in service to some goodly lord.

However in a surprise twist - rather than finding PCs I could work for I found myself surrounded by a bunch of really cool and compassionate PCs who spent 4 days straight of hard core RP using purple crystals, philosophic banter, and more to see his broken spirit "mended".

The following things occurred which were unplanned from the original app at all, 100% IC, and shaped his future

- Sister Ellie found him at -2 having recovered from -8 in the Crossroad caverns and healed him awake from unconcious from a worg after killing goblins, RPing it as him being drunk fighting monsters
- The Halflings Kora and Angus took him monster hunting despite being a drunk in rusted armor, encouraging less loitering around being bitter and more making a difference

- Frank the Butcher and others he adventurered with regularly

- A number of PCs early on in the Garden lead to a lot of drunken tension of some "strange human but not lumbering around drunk"
- CINDERSCOURGE named him "Cade the Defiant"
- Elodie Dayne introduced him to the "Most human human I know, 100% human", a wise wizard. This lead to the idea of "Defying" the other powers.
- Ellie and others got him "sober" and Ellie converted him to Ilmater's service as a laysword
- As Laysword of Ilmater began dealing with listening to people's problems to try and help to mitigate his own
- As more problems mounted and nothing done by people, standing around with a crowd of PCs in the House of Knowledge more PCs were called to vent their frustrations in open forum "Court"

- As more Courts held, more PCs gathered talking of the woes of Sanctuary but few potential alternatives
- At one Court, was told of the Fount of Saintly Waters
- Began search with aid of Charlie Greystarred, Elves, and others
- Hammer 23rd while speaking with Agent Grant, First Citizen, and Arleigh were debating the merits of the Illusion or the real world
- As the Agent and others panicked, realized shit was going bad "An exodus" out of the Dunwarren was called for PCs to avoid the panic of Hammer 23rd. 5-6 PCs joined in a march to the Blue Mushroom incase Sanctuary fell, and other efforts lead to running
around the Moldmire questing
- After returning but able to Sanctuary resolve to try and get more people "Out"
- Training, teaching PCs weapons, RP of armor and etc
- Helping a few PCs learn more tactics, hanging in the House of Knowledge, teaching Orange Cloaks about Sanctuary
- Exodus of the Defiant gains ground in the HoK, a Court dashed and crashed by a "Mysterious Stranger" NPC

- Play a DOOM CHESS MATCH against an evil bard who tied bombs to people's chest
- More ground gained in aftermath as people offered solace but more sought to march away
- Begin exploring Hidden Pond, Badlands, Shore islands in search of "Places the Exodus may travel"
- Begin pitching Exodus as a gypsy encampment undertaking of caravan to flee the empire

- Become a protector of the Fount of Saintly Waters
- Create underground, drafting a list of 15 PCs who helped helped Caedyn in the past or he had met in his travels who he felt would be solid to help begin a new world
- Begin collection of resources for the creation of a Hamlet/Settlement devoted to a goodly lifestyle and true undertaking
- Begin bringing figures to the Fount
- Take a squire
- Bring more PCs to the fount and attempt to get good folks motivated to not give up, find a cause to fight in, find a way to live a true life without compromise

I'm stoked to say was able to convince 15 PCs who he had met IC who had helped him in the past, to blindly follow me into the wilds for religious and Sim City RP.

More importantly though I'm really glad to say I was able to play a PC who just really enjoyed talking to folks.

Friends, enemies, people I hated, people I liked, just a lot of very fun social RP. Any time, anywhere, with that old Paladin idea that "Courtesy" should still be shown to foes.

The idea of a Paladin Knight who failed as a crusader when Torm died but found cause as a protector - was a really fun story to tell and way out of my usual wheel house.

Thanks for those involved

(Note to self: Never play a fallen paladin again)
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Svordaloz

A character, whose purpose resonates so deeply throughout the server that you know of their existence long before you meet them in person. And I didn't even get a chance to have words with them.

I feel cheated, somehow.

A Mothers Dying Wish

Ziya

That his fire blazed so fleetingly is a shame. There has been a paucity of Good in EFU, and now even that faint candle is snuffed out.

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Bearic

What Kinslayer said, but that was an awesome way to go.

cmenden

More like: A Big Fat Jerk

Jk, I loved Caedyn and Elodie's interactions!

Bouquet of Roses

I'll miss the A N G S T Y T R A I N.
He was fun ^^ And it was great to get to watch him evolve.

hoars bath

To soon, too soon!  He shall be missed!

Jello!

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

Very strong character. 

From my previous PC meeting him on the tail end of her own arc and wanting to immediately break his nose and throw him out on the street, to my next character taking counsel from him which hit close to home and was delivered with insight, I got to see this guy from two very different IC perspectives in a short time frame. Both times he left an impression and caused my characters to reconsider their existing notions. It shows how much he had going on as a character, and it was fun to interact with it. SHAME HE WENT SO SOON.

Starfield

Miraie

I was very impressed by Mr Auxmere's plan for tactics, even though the rude thralls ended up coming at us from the water. It was chaotic and exciting. Ms Khanna was certain the Exodus would go somewhere with the good sir.

Still Trying

Oh no! He was an interesting fellow..I had only begun to try to figure him out!

tspawn35

Loved playing with him. Sad he died too soon. Playing a fallen paladin is really hard but can be equally as rewarding. I did it once because  it literally came to be from an ic interaction.