Your "Dream" EFU Concept

Started by Random_White_Guy, October 19, 2014, 04:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

We had a fun debate in IRC last night about factions and how some people are quite content not to get involved in them, and how on EFU that's okay because we can make our fun however we please. It got me sharing though about my dream concept and it got me wondering so I thought I'd ask: EFU, what's your dream concept?

For those who don't know I am often a villain on EFU Just because I feel it takes a certain level of proactivity and excitement-causing to be a villain. Without a DM you can give PCs a fun show and give them something to worry about, rally against, etc.

Ironically enough before NWN I never cared much for playing the villain in roleplaying games. To me my favorite was the CN anti-hero who speaks truth to power and does his own thing. Coming from my roots in Vampire: The MAsquerade and it's short lived PC game with an open world RP community I loved the idea of the Brujah (anarchists/philosophers) and it shaped a lot of my early RP concepts.

To me my dream EFU concept is the following:

I would love, beyond love- cherish, the opportunity to play the primary tavern owner of the main hub of the server's criminal aspect. In the EFU:A Docks I loved our efforts to get the wastrel created and jumped all over it, and my first EFU:A prominent PC was a Gobsquat crime consultant. In EFU:1 the Wench's Clench. IN EFU:M got involved with the Oldstone Shope and even my own independant tavern

QuoteA CN, apathetic character who doesn't overly care if bandits, muggers, etc come to his seedy dive tavern. It would have only a handful of rules about fighting and conduct and respect. It would be a pursuit of letting criminals in EFU flourish in a safe and productive environment where an individual could get some supplies, meet some buddies for a job, but otherwise unwind.

To me the best RP of crime is the build up. The planning. The finding the right guy. the "We're putting the band back together" to call in old favors and dirty secrets to get a crew together for a job. The opening coffee scene from Reservoir dogs. The unique squad and putting it together in "The Great Escape". etc.

My PC would be a CN Thug-type rogue or a grizzled Fighter with something like the Cuththroat or sellsword perk. He would have bene in his past many things to many people- a leg breaker, a dock worker enforcing smuggling, maybe even at one time a 'Boss".

In his old age he's become more apathetic and his pursuit is less of a crime syndicate and more of just an existence in which he can do as he please without much concern for the world.

Given his connections to crime he'd have good friends to stop him if anyone comes causing trouble at his tavern. He'd be like the Guidance Counselor at Crime University. They buy some beers, they chat some jobs, they ask some advice, the tavern gets a cut.

However to keep face and appearances when things get too rowdy he'd assist the law enforcement in psuedo harper-style with a network of criminal snitches telling him when someone gets too big for their britches. After all a professional criminal has decorum a mad cultist or cyricist doesn't have.

The job, a few crime rules, proliferation of crime, the social aspect of criminals struggling to build a new gang, a new syndicate, a new business.

It'd just be awesome. Intellectual crime with a degree of brutality. Bringing a modicum of law to the crime world while bringing some struggle to the law world. The perfect balance of EFU conflict in my opinion.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Ryan

I'd love to play a cat burglar who breaks into people's homes and makes off with their valuables. The setting and module doesn't seem to quite support that, though, and I really detest PVPing to get at someone's belongings. Would rather just sneak it away from them outta sight.

cmenden

I think you should just go for it someday, RWG! You might be surprised how much success you could find in that concept!

My own dream concept is -obviously- a fast-talking criminal girl who works for everyone simultaneously. Plus baggy pants. Elf or human. Rogue or wizard. Someday I'll be a half-elf rogue/wizard and the server will tremble at my mighty build!

xXCrystal_Rose

My dream concept already has been played and continues to exist as a npc in the Stewards of the Ark faction :) Two of them actually, assuming that The Veneroida graces us with his presence once more. I haven't quite come up with a new dream concept to be the next trophy but I think it involves a wereshark.

StoneFolk

Monk of Auppenseur. Eventually I learn to kill people with Mind Bullets.

NecronomiconV

Oh my.. Always wanted to be one a leader of one of the lower gangs.. Hardcore bandit, and really something totally different than my usual tendacy to play druids, clerics, and sorcerers/wizards, who would drive lower into a frenzy of war over control, and take that chaos and aim it at upper folk to start his own reign of terror.

If not that, I'd want a Ghaunadauran (Real Shocker Right?) Cleric (Yep, Still Not Surprised) Who would drive their cult openly into the sewers to cause daily havok beyond throwing threats, and mugging folks in the sewers, really trying to dominate lower as their own through the use of terror, violence, but.. Still using their brain not to die (My hardest struggle)

Lastly, A necromancer who is not hidden about his art at all, yet tries to deceive others into believing his art is a good thing, succeeds in that area at times, and eventually is praised as hero, yet a deep cruel villain beneath the surface, and after he becomes a hero, start him on a downward slope to create utter chaos and reveal the truth. (Actually giving that one a shot now)

el groso

Svirfneblin tech Iron man guy. Rich engineer, developer of his own "suits", evolving to a stage when he would ride some sort of mecha, fighting the dread on special skirmishes.

Deadlykate

Sadist Sharran who /thinks/ she hears the voice of her Goddess in her head. Demanding tributes and praise to her goddess in disguise, else threatening to attack those who don't.

red_star_district

A cleric of Mystryl with the power to make dead magic zones and wild magic zones.  Forcing the Spellguard to bow to my divine might and all other wizard to give praise to the Goddess or face magical chaotic wrath.

CPT. Homie

CN Batman'esque Paladin who whispers "I am the Night" before smiting evil.

Knight Of Pentacles

Down-and-out substance abusing politician with a heart of gold.

TeufelHunden

My dream concept would be a highly secretive spy/assassin type likely a mix between two of my old pcs Allius Dorne and Alfred Thenson. Basically it would be Allius Dorne's personality and cunning with Thenson's martial proficiency.

GetFirstPC

Group of orogs slavers.

Garem

I think I've already played them. I had three, really, and none of them are my most successful characters by a long shot. My dream characters tie people together towards big, often ludicrous goals and awesome stories develop from it.

One was Dugbone. Good grief, that character was insanely fun to play. Dugbone was a goblin barbarian/cleric that worked for the Pissing Crone, doing a little bit of everything to try and drag in business. He would fluctuate from business-goblin to warchief on a dime. His accomplishments were fairly modest, but his sheer survivability was mind boggling. He was killed in PvP time and time again, but by having the right friends was resurrected at least 3 times. And he was never killed by the same person twice...

I would revisit the general concept of Lower unification with Lucius Westmore a year(ish) later, an awesome character of no significance. Probably because nobody was playing Lowers characters... such a shame. H/t to wcsherry for trying to help get things moving.

Lastly, Patrice Vermand. I had a specific yet dynamic character style in mind, and it's a good thing I did because his entire PC life was just an absolute whirlwind. I like playing characters that are very unlike who I am as a person, but Patrice was the first time I decided to use a lot of different aspects of my own life experiences and personality to create a character. That I never finished his story along with the rest of his companions is one of my greatest disappointments from playing EFU. And there was one major but secret goal that I pursued relentlessly with the PC that I hope to share one day, as it's pretty impressive just how deep it ran.

So yea. I love playing broad-interest support characters with insane goals that commits to creating broad coalitions to achieve every member's goals.

Damien

Either a planar sailing tiefling merchant addicted to all awful habits.

Or a concept where dms and players don't react to me differently because of how I act on irc.