William Lattan: 'Big Bill"

Started by Dagonlives, May 15, 2019, 03:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagonlives

William was my introduction to EFU:COR again, as a barbarian meant for a more urban setting.

William was a Luskan man born to a single mother.  He never knew his father but as he grew older, he clearly displayed the racial traits of the Uthgart, with his black hair, and blue eyes, and massive frame.  This would lead to him being shunned for most work, as he looked like a savage raider rather then a civilized Luskanite and he would always suffer for a lack of a father figure.  The characters goals once he entered the setting was to find a 'tribe' and do his best to support the tribe leader, or some sort of father figure, to replace the one he never had, and see if he could go home to take care of his mother again.

I had three things I would stick to when playing 'Big Bill':

1. He was almost always in a good mood, and always had a positive attitude. He was a gentle person by nature.

2.  I wouldn't think for more then six seconds before typing what he would say, and I avoided using complex language when possible.

3. He would seek a place of security, egalitarianism and purpose, since he was so tired of being downtrodden and marginalized.

In the end this led him to House Orza, as Burjan Halliene was the first person to take him under his wing.  Brujan was a cruel and ruthless man, but he had a genuine caring for his people or 'his 'gang' as he called them.   Bill would put up with the many idiosyncratic views of his 'family' but ultimately he began to develop doubts and keep his head down, realizing that simple beatings were turning into murder, and combat magics turning to infernalism, decisions that were never made until the disappearance of his veteran he served.  While he was okay with using violence, because that was what he was good at,  the suffering he was causing began to have an affect on him, and his jovial manner soon turned into quiet resentment and rage for those who judged him for his uneducated words, or simple manner.

When he suffered Amnesia,what the character fundamentally realized was that these previous actions were those of a coward, and an opportunist and he sought to be a better man, a sheepdog instead of a mad hound.  That he'd been slowly boiled until he had no sense of who he was before he ended up in the rings.  The man tried his best to begin working on rebuilding what damage he had felt he had done. Serving the stones and by ending up in the stonebuilder's guild by sheer circumstance.   This transition lasted all of three days until the mad hound pack caught up to him. 

Thanks for everyone who interacted with the character.

Knight Of Pentacles

Fiverine

The gigantic mace was especially cool.  And I loved that you ran with the amnesia thing and made it work. 
After the battle is over
And the sands have drunken the blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion

Bong Serpent

Bill was hands down one of the best roleplayed 'gentle giants' I've seen and I enjoyed interacting with him on Aerun.

SovietGrowlithe

Bill was fun to chat with and I was shocked to see him laying dead in the peerage ward.

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin