Furniture: Set Rotation:0

Started by Dredi, July 23, 2023, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredi

So one of the more annoying elements of setting furniture down is often getting them to be square with the room.

One thing that would help immensely with this is if you could set their rotation to 0, which should be at a right angle with the rest of the room. Then, the +90 degree command can move it around to whichever angle you need.

Thanks!

Abala

This isn't really possible because only certain amounts of rotation are registered by the client. I don't know why, but here's what the Lexicon says vis-a-vis the relevant function (SetFacing):

QuoteThis action is often used for creatures. It also works for dynamic placeables, but small changes (less than 20 degrees) may not be rendered visually, even though the new facing (as determined by GetFacing) is exactly right.

If you have a solution, let me know. Thanks!

Dredi

Interesting!

I suppose theoretically you could do it as a two-stage action with a small delay between them to give the placable time to visably update?

For example, setting it to 180 first. Since 180 will always be more than 20 degrees out from 0, this will either do nothing, if its already within 20 degrees of 180 and then set it to 0 correctly, or set it to 180, ensuring its over 20 degrees away from 0, and then setting it to 0.