Xeral Al-Reja

Started by Random_White_Guy, March 27, 2010, 09:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

As luck would have it, every single screenshot I have is ridiculously spoilerific. So...yeah. Probably can't post them. Instead I give you:

MOVIE CLIP.

Oddly enough my movie nerd status is gonna come out. In 1949 there was a movie called White Heat. An amazing Film Noir, check it out sometime!

One of the greatest quotes of all time was made by James Cagney, a murderous villain, in one of the most dramatic and expensive scenes of the time.

"Made it Ma, Top of the world!"

Jump to 5:48 and watch to the end of the video, it's one of the greatest clips of all time, and remarkably suited to Xeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybepshlRvq0&feature=related

Xeral Al-Reja I made originally while DMing but put him on hiatus. Returned him after I retired and shifted him gradually from a business-oriented manipulative merchant-slaver to a Political Wizard.

The thought simply was that at the time things weren't very black and white in EFU. People treated the Sons as "Freedom Fighters seeking indepednance" and not murderous terrorists fighting the count. The Stygians were seen as a group of "Noble Tyrants who did what they had to for security".

Figured EFU needed someone to point at and go "You fucking monster", so sat down and drafted the idea of a more realist-focused hard power politician. No one wanted to deal with me but they kinda had to.

The result brought me more fun and amazing PC to PC interaction on EFU than ever.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Canzah

pics or it didn't happen

AKMatt

Congratulations on playing a sick badass wizard who everyone loved to hate, except the people who were as twisted as him.  Best villainish-type character on EfU:A for a long time.

Meldread

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Xeral was a total bastard who created a new D&D Alignment:  Evil Awesome. :(

I hope he got an endlude, at least.

Random_White_Guy

Found one from his early days as a Caliphar.

As DM/PC plots come to an end I'll post more of his recent dealings.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Thomas_Not_very_wise

So, team adventure for Howland's quest challenge?

Pup

Such a great villain.  He had real style.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

SanTelmo

Xeral was just what the Conclave needed on that time.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

UnholyWon

Awesome character RwG! I enjoyed the RP between Xeral and Scrap!

Ebok

AntoninD'Erlon

WHERE IS YOUR HERO NOW?

SN

Cool villain! Never met him in person, but we managed to be arch-enemies, how about that!

Divine Intervention

Good riddance.

nah, I only have one word for you sir.

BOSS

Equinox

Good riddance.

nah, I only have one word for you sir.

BOSS

Letsplayforfun

Awesome PC. Waiting eagerly on the next one. And forgive me, but i must admit that when i saw how Xeral died, i loled.