Eamon Bronzegate

Started by Hierophant, December 11, 2023, 12:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

I'll be retiring Eamon! It's been a fun two months and probably one of my more long-term PCs and one I used to get into the chapter and find the hooks I find most interesting.

My original idea was a lost man who would learn as he went, and who knew the loss of home well and sought to make of Ephia's Well a place where history could not be repeated.

I did make him knowing I would be joining the League of Gold and that he would be a merchant, but personally I didn't find traditional merchanting that fun so I continued to search for interesting hooks and just loved the idea of a wanderer with assets who just always had enough for the bare minimum.

A lot of PCs paved his path, from Kayo to Mari Blacke, to Soliana Silden to Qari Alriyh, to Cosine Mevura to Radislav Ludovich, from Louis Boucher to Robert Fauchard and Ariel Hysair who was his running mate in the election of Kanon Hray. Many more I'm probably missing from Jordan Clearcreek to Azaghal Gemspell and honestly every PC I came across and learned from and enjoyed spending time with and conversations that helped me mold Eamon into a truly fervent servant of Warad.

There was much I could still do on Eamon, but there is much more I'd rather be doing now that I have a grasp of the Sands of Intrigue. You could consider Eamon my first serious PC this chapter and I had so much fun on him, and as much as I enjoy the PC I do think it's time to say goodbye and let his last death against a family of ogres be his tragic end.

I don't really make long-term PCs. More so as a rule of thumb that I can't commit to long-term PCs, but I have found myself tied to a PC longer than usual because of the amount of fun I'm having and that vibe quickly becomes addictive. Thank you to everyone and all the DMs who made these two months as enjoyable as they were and thank you to all the PCs Eamon came across that made logging in exciting.

Onto the next and hope you guys enjoy what I dabble in next (or currently...).

No screenies for this one.
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Mari

I enjoyed Eamon, first as a prospective fly in the ointment slash prospective asset in the league of Gold. Things were shaping up for an interesting primary, though then different interesting things happened instead.

And eventually after as sort of an area Waradim and Janissary. I love religious PCs and I always appreciate the characterization you put into your guys and am thankful for the time I do get with them. Good luck!

Anthee

A great character! Felt very human, real... and like Ramc, I enjoy seeing characters embrace the religion aspect. Too bad we couldn't have more interaction. Timezones... sigh.

Looking forward to your next PC!
Sofia d'Andrea

DONT PANIC

I was really sad to see this post. I liked Eamon so much. I am looking forward to whatever drew your attention away, though.

Don Nadie

Let me join to the chorus: I really enjoyed interacting with Eamon... And I'm sorry to hear you are moving on. Still, I hope it was fun while it lasted (he certainly reinvented himself a few times over!)

LiAlH4

Voss_

I liked exploring around with him :-)