New policy discussion thread

Started by lovethesuit, August 18, 2010, 08:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanTelmo

"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

lovethesuit

Quote from: SanTelmo;195534this policy sucks

You make an interesting point and I'm dying to learn more. Do you have a newsletter or...?

derfo

Upon second thought, the former couple of posts sum up thoughts admirably. Consider all my other posts to say something to that extent.

TheImpossibleDream

Quote from: derflaro;195539Upon second thought, the former couple of posts sum up thoughts admirably. Consider all my other posts to say something to that extent.

I would say we were all trying to articulate that opinion derf.

SkillFocuspwn

I think the attitude in EfU is pretty nasty; yes you can ignore parts, but it's becoming increasingly more of the entirety of the server that people who do get butt hurt when you're trying to enjoy a game and OOC trolling starts to blur the line between being an idiot and being a bully.

You can say "just ignore it, it's on the internet" but the reason EfU doesn't allow bots coming on and spamming obscenities is that this is a community and dickery breeds shit-talking, OOC hatred, people leaving EfU and turning the server into a breeding ground for the close-knit original players to just run around trolling the shit out of a good server and slowly bringing it down.

I wouldn't say this policy is needed, but I'd say anything that seperates EfU from all the OOC trolling and douchery that is the Forums / IRC is a good thing.

Jasede