Good Movies -- Keep it updated and reference movies from Netflix

Started by Skanky, January 19, 2011, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faqir

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Bearic

Pumpkin; Aquateen hunger force colon movie for theaters, and stuff like that for dvd tv series.

Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.

Ommadawn

Nuc, you are so right.

TheMacPanther

If you want some B moviegoodness. it flops between instant watch and not, but it is easily torrentable.

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/The_Gamers_Dorkness_Rising/70104325?trkid=2361637#height1511

Egon the Monkey

District 9. Excellent "first contact" sci-fi movie with a tense plot.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/

EfUA_undercover

1. Berlin Calling
2. Ghost Dog
3. Antichrist

MrGrendel

Coldburn

Watchmen.
The Dark Knight.
A Clockwork Orange.
12 Monkeys.
Inception.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Sin City.
Kill Bill (1 & 2).
And my absolute favorite, V for Vendetta.
Collapse (by Michael Ruppert).

I like the whole over-the-top hero thing, as long as there's some serious flaws going on. Perfection is not for me. As far as I'm concerned, V for Vendetta is a must-see because it appeals to the rebel within me, and behind the hilarity of a man in a Guy Fawkes mask it actually tells a deep, political story. I've added in Collapse; while technically not a film but a documentary, it's been referred to as 'intellectual horror', and is an eye-opening view on the world's use of an economy that can not function without oil, which is a finite and expensive resource. I really recommend watching it; even if you don't agree it offers food for thought (try saying those three words repeatedly, haha).

Some new ones, some old ones.

Calculor

el groso

Grindhouse - Death Proof
Machete
Fight Club
Inglorious Bastards
Choke

Secutor

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD
(ft. Tom Baker, and Robert Shaw)

"It is fucking awesome!!"

Canzah

Spirited Away

The Moving Castle

Reservoir Dogs

Snatch

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

SilentSouth

Drink iron guts then watch:
Human centipede
I spit on your grave (2010 version)

TheMacPanther

Should you value life, liberty and sanity. You should disregard this with every fibre of your being.
Quote from: SilentSouth;220441Drink iron guts then watch:
Human centipede
You have been warned.

Jayde Moon

Very few of you are posting anything that your average beer swilling redneck tokel hasn't already seen and touted to their cousin wife as, "One of the bestest moovees they ever seed!"

Anyway:

"Exit Through The Gift Shop", available to watch now on netflix.  If you like street art or if hipsters annoy the fuck out of you... the humor is so subtle, you might wonder if it's even there!