EFU Movie Reviews

Started by Gotham, December 21, 2012, 02:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrittanyPanthas

Django Unchained:  Like Inglorious Basterds, if you watch it in a vacuum, then its a really fun movie.  The language reminded me of Deadwood a lot, so I'm not sure why people got so offended over it.

Also I will watch any movie where Christoph Waltz plays a role.(Except the Green Hornet, what was he thinking?)

TeufelHunden

What funny little things....they have no wings.

Sternhund

Django Unchained: Go see it.

Equinox

Batman the dark knight rises was the best film to come out of 2012. Watch it.

VengefulSeraphim

only movie worth watching is the room - tommy wiseau fanboi 4ever

Dash

EfUA_undercover

Quote from: Equinox;320197Batman the dark knight rises was the best film to come out of 2012. Watch it.
+1

Really worth watching it, yeah.

Gotham

Quote from: Equinox;320197Batman the dark knight rises was the best film to come out of 2012. Watch it.

Gonna have to disagree. It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't the best - and it wasn't better then TDK. Loved Bane, loved his performance, still not as great a villain as the Joker (not really the studio's fault when Ledger up and -died-), plot was a bit cyclical, and Alfred turns into fucking exposition fairy/Mickie from Rocky 3 (Y'can't take Bane y'bum, look at em he's a wrecking machine). Also he breaks up with Bruce - Alfred Pennyworth abandoning Bruce Wayne? yeah nah.

All in all a solid B movie and a solid B series, looking forward to when we can get away from the Nolanesque depiciton though - don't get me wrong he reinvigorated the character and the genre, but all 3 movies are essentially about Batman losing over and over again and how terrible it is to be him, and could probably be replaced with another non-property costumed vigilante and not affect the story at all.

This is of course not going into the silly plot/plot device of Bruce losing all his money, and lolfusionpower becoming lolfusionbomb in 3 minutes

Equinox

Die heathen. Batman best film.

Rincewind1

Dredd 3d best film 2012, to be honest. So action packed...

Damien

dredd suprisingly good

KRUNTO

I'm going to say that Killing Them Softly was my favorite of 2012. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys movies about crime!

Dash

I agree. Batman was average.

BrittanyPanthas

Going to agree with the above.  Dredd was the best action movie of 2012, too bad it bombed.

Batman was mediocre.  Everything that made the Dark Knight good was missing.  Christopher Nolan's previously comprehensive understanding of the character of Bruce Wayne was gone, as the character was nowhere near true to form.  The movie had ridiculous plot holes and the villain was nowhere near as interesting as Heath Ledger's joker.....or even Liam Neeson's R'as Al Ghul.

It was actually the weakest movie of the trilogy, and that's saying a lot given the flaws of Batman Begins.

nammykun

Honestly, The Hobbit had me so hooked to the story that at the end I almost blurted out at the IMAX 3D screen, "WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S IT!?"