Luca Endres, the Tall-tale Storyteller

Started by LoveLess, April 21, 2020, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveLess

Luca Endres. He started out as a PC to try out the Bard class, as I never did one before. From there he got caught up in a few events and proceeded to fly across the City as his friends took him for a ride. I never imagined this character getting anywhere close to where he did and it is my single biggest regret that I had not started him out as a fully fleshed concept. I tried several things to get in the mood of the PC, such as rewriting little tales, or making impromptu tales... but he was definitely an experience that will not be forgotten!

His journey started by meeting a friend! And what a friend he was! This friend was all about finding seams and was often looking for some sort of foe... Luca never did find out what exactly his leal ally Kevastyr searched for so desperately, but they went through many trials together. They ventured through rings, trials, dreams, and everything between.
[hide][/hide]

Alongside this new friend was an older fellow who had lost his memories... How sad! How queer.. A story behind that! Eliphas, the Planeseer! This man grew to be his closest friend and often a man who would help Luca learn there is such a thing as moderation, then there is a whole other aspect of over-preparation. Along the way, they also met a few more friends! Thorne, the Light. Edwyn, the axe-guy (not pictured).
[hide][/hide]

However their freindship was not to last... They embarked on what they thought to be a joyous occassion. A breaking of the rings! What a story to tell!
[hide][/hide]

His friend was broken before him. A Prince of Shadow standing atop a sea of bodies... Told to flee, he took what was left of his self-worth, and fled... And now we enter the story of Eupraxia, the Heron.
[hide][/hide]

To Luca? She was his muse, a constant source of new stories, and had to bear witness to her feats. Or they could start a band together?
[hide][/hide]

That didn't go far. I think it's best if we stuck to ringrunning... but what's that? A challenger to his bardic MASTERY appears?
[hide]
[/hide]

Surely nothing could go wrong. A small contest will be exciting! There is nothing that could go wrong, he would come to squeak.He was left a bit excited by the turn of events, as he was made compact, and would go to tell tall-tales of the event that happened just prior.
[hide][/hide]

And unfortunately for all of you, due to the fact that he spent a very vast majority of his time Ringrunning, there will be no more screenshots of events! They are far too spoiling! Oh yes, indeed too many to show... All I can say is that you should all definitely give Ringrunning a try, at least once. There is a whole lot to experience out there and you will not be able to do it in Ring 99!
[hide][/hide]

And yes, yes... Let's get to the loot.
[hide]
You are supposed to be able to cast more big spells than smaller ones, right?

It was always a little hilarious to me that I was able to use more higher circle spells and it only got sillier with time.[/hide]

I got this by just happening to attend a DM event with his friends Eupraxia and Kevastyr one night. There was no prompt, but it was a permadeath trial, and he endured it to the best of his ability. The places we experienced would later be shown to us again...
[hide]

[/hide]

He  had a lot of different songs as a result of his gambling problem. I quite literally spent tens of thousands of gp on songsheets and I can say that anyone who believes custom bard songs are all horrible, are out of their minds. Going on events with Luca and getting all of those delicious IC/OOC reactions to the different songs was truly a joy. Unfortunately, I do not think I can reveal the names of some of the songs as some have bits of lore and references among them.
[hide]

And no, I never got a DM bard song! Everything he used can be found in-game right now![/hide]

After a while, it was decided that he needed the ability to tell others about his adventures in new ways...
[hide][/hide]

Good luck out there, Ringrunners! You will need it.

Gumba

Damn, one of my favorite PCs to spectate. Whenever you sounded that horn it was sheer joy on my end.

Wakefield

Luca was fun to chat with the handful of times I got to. I think our first interaction was just talking about color coordination, but it stuck in my mind as an entertaining bit. Charisma for days. :D

Toot toot!

Lannister

I absolutely loved every interaction with Luca. I really look forward to the next and what shenanigans will ensue!

merrychase

Luca oozed personality. I relished the occasional times I got to play his foil and really enjoyed the relationship arc in miniature between our characters. Thanks for all the hours of fun, looking forward to your next!

djspectre

Having met Luca early on in his career with Rusty (Henardo), I have to say I didn't expect us to be side by side neck deep in the rings facing permadeath with each one we cleared as a group. Rusty, did have some he'd wished you'd never sing and others he preferred and always voiced such.

Great take on a bard and I can understand about how you never felt the concept was fully fleshed out. I had a paladin once like that.

You going to roll another character up?

Quarterdragon

Luca was an incredible companion to have on the winding journey through the rings.  Eupraxia often laments his absence now, for he was the musical inspiration that let her fight as she once did alongside her similarly musical sister.

You can assume that whenever their paths cross, she will try to persuade him back to the ringrunning life.