Make Mongrelwoods Great Again

Started by Eraamion, March 07, 2020, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eraamion

It is not worth the risk these days to go in exploring - you fight hard enemies but there is seldom any explorable or quest worth it. I suggest raising the frequency of explorables/quests appearing in the area.

Agreed, it's not worth going there and nobody does as result.

Axioein

The orc and the goblin static quests were great.

It gave you certain content that everyone could access each reset. I know the design of CoR is different, but people only have so much time as players and that certain content was awesome.

Richørd

At first I thought of making the orcs and morghoul quests of the Mongrelwoods random spawns to be a great idea.

Now I don't think so anymore. I have had a dozen attempts at gathering people to go to the Mongrelwoods. It seems now people don't even want to go there if you are saying "Hey, I found the quests already. All we got to do is just walk there."

And I can't even say when the last time was that I saw a whisper about "let's go to the mongrelwoods, bois and girls" was.

Damien

I think putting a stronghold here would be pretty awesome. 

Scrappa-yeti

I think it has been a great improvement.

Folks do go there, just not endless streams of tickers and peers spamming the same two quests.

If there is a server need for some more permanent quests, I would vote (I get a vote, right?) that they are not in the Mongrelwoods.

I like the feel of a dangerous, mostly deserted Mongrelwoods. Going there should be an event, not a daily grind.

It also gives scouts a real job. A place where stealth and local knowledge actually helps you find stuff to do, rather than the rifts etc, where anyone can just go check.

Disorder

I agree with Scrappa-yeti, especially on 3rd and 4th points.

I'd also like to add that a greater variety of exploarable areas there would be nice, perhaps with a slight rebalance of the area with lizardfolk. I was there four - six times and each time it was dreadfully dangerous without any significant reward in the end.

zerotje

Quote from: Scrappa-yeti on March 09, 2020, 12:30:08 PM
I think it has been a great improvement.

Folks do go there, just not endless streams of tickers and peers spamming the same two quests.

In my opinion it is a boon to Mongrelwood based PC's or Pond based PC's that wish to RP within cool thematical Mongrelwoods that 'outsiders' would be present to interact or fight with.
So I did not see this as detrimental.