The EFU EE Update Thread

Started by Howlando, March 26, 2018, 06:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced  Edition will be released soon and we expect to transition within the week. If you are a member of the community and not in a position to easily afford purchasing the game please feel free to reach out to me and I will facilitate the process of someone buying you a copy. If you'd like to volunteer to buy other members of the community copies of the game likewise feel free to reach out to me. I'm happy to handle the process either anonymously or with credit according to people's desires.

There will be some features we'll lose in the transition.

Feats for custom weapons will unfortunately no longer be supported. We expect this be to resolved in a month or two, but in the meantime if you use a custom weapon feat feel free to get a DM to adjust it to something else when we transition.

There will be issues with custom spells - this will be fixed eventually.

We'll no longer be able to hide character levels on the login screen. Please don't metagame this.

It's advised that you grab any items you may have in persistent storage in the next couple of days as it's possible there may be some issues there with the transition.

More instructions for the transition will be provided later.

Howlando

The transition will probably be this coming Saturday, March 31.

Kinslayer988

Here would be a better place to post this. As I am updating information a series of player info threads may be moved or undergo serious editing. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Special thanks to my many helpers for buckling down and hammering through so many outdated posts!
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Howlando

Please post here for character transfer requests.

I also recommend logging in old PCs to take local saves if you'd like to keep a memento of the character. We don't plan on deleting those old files but they may not be as readily accessible.

We are currently supporting both IRC and Discord as a method of communication with DMs and other players.

Discord Invite

Discord is useful (particularly for DMs) for better management of multiple channels, persistent chat, and great integration with a smartphone app.

For those new to it, I suggest installing the app and customizing the theme to your liking - Dark Theme with Compact and zoomed out text makes it a lot easier to read.

For those who prefer IRC, a relay bot transfers chat back and forth so you can stick with IRC if you wish.

Tala

Please visit this thread for info about how to get the custom content required to play EFU.

For those who asked for character transfer, I'll start getting the PC files from the vault in about 3 hours from this post. Please do the following once the EE server is up:
* Contact either me or Canzah and let us know what's the new PC's name and what account you've used.
* Wait patiently until we move the requested PC to your vault.

Be aware it might take 2-3 days until all PCs are moved.

Howlando

There is issue with the Steamworks tileset, causing crashes in some areas - Dunwarren Maintenance Shaft, Tramway Stations, Refinery. Stay out for now until we figure it out.