Skaldorr Merizad, Dwarven Mafia 'Thane'

Started by Lannister, March 01, 2023, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Nothing to break in a new chapter than being brutally torn apart by lions... Right?

Right - Well, lets take a quick look back through some memories from the short (not a dwarven pun, or is it?) life of Skaldorr Merizad.

Who was Skaldorr Merizad?

Skaldorr was a grieving, heart broken dwarven illusionist who lost his entire clan save his brother during the Ringfall, where they were destroyed by the consequences of the catastrophic event. The motivation to restore his 'family' is what drove him deep into his plots.

Some other undeniable points about the little gnarled mage:

• Skaldorr Merizad was scum of the highest order. He did not truly care about people not associated with him and used his high bluff to swindle everyone not 'Merizad'.
  • Skaldorr was a powerful djinn brooker, who even had a djinn -inside- of him!
  • He planned to create a drug epidemic by flooding the market with his own brand of narcotics
  • The Merizad 'Familia' was a reincarnation of the Merizad Clan, Skaldorrs true family who he lost during the ringfall and was trying to ensure lived again.
  • He was deeply afraid of the creatures that he brooked with and was as much a master as he was a toy.

[hide=Memories of Family]

Skaldorr was trying desperately to bring his clan, the Merizad, back from the dead. Not literally but by welcoming fresh blood into his family, his core motivation was wealth and restoration of his lost family. To this end he went to any lengths to achieve it.

He swore many people into the Merizad, a tithe and a kiss was all it took. He didn't care about race, station or religion - you could have been a murderous lunatic and he would have welcomed you. He just wanted his family back.

[/hide]

[hide=Memories of Crimes and Friends]
Whilst I can't talk about all the things I got up to, here are a few teasers of the nacessent birth that could have been a thriving drug empire. Also shout out to WitchOfTheWastes for such an amazing character and helping me thrive in the role of scummy drug dealing dwarf.

Friends of the Merizad were a special role that didn't afford you Skaldorr's 'love' so to speak but it meant you were protected by the familia - mostly because you provided a service, were a legitimate/illegitimate business partner or owed favours. There were so many 'Friends' that covered a broad range of reasons (a lot of them were actually just political allies!), I can only post a very very small amount of them, but I hope it gives you the idea of the sort of stuff that happened in the shady places!

Also who says crime doesn't pay?

[/hide]

[hide=Memories of Rituals]

Skaldorr was actually a somewhat powerful wizard. He performed dark magic which has/had lasting consequences on the game world, if you find any remnants of his evil magics, please reach out! I'd be curious to learn who discovers what he got up to.

Here is a snippet of the time that he hijacked a giant djinn summoning ritual and -ATE- a djinn. Yes thats right! Skaldorr actually had a djinn inside of him for the majority of his life.

It starts how it ends, with death.

[/hide]

[hide=???][/hide]

Thank you to everyone who played with Skaldorr! Special shout out to Grix for being a great duo partner and enthusiastic bolt dwarf brother!

Time for me to Go Next! See you all IG soon.

I love cats

One of the best gangsters of all time, Arresting investigating and going insane in court was so fun. Plus the death by lions was epic.

Ethika

Nicely done! I logged in when there was a shout about your arrest and saw about 30 PCs hanging around outside the garrison to see what was going on.

Random_White_Guy

Set a serious tone and showed both a lot of COR newer folk and old folk alike what is possible in the new setting with a bit of grit, and a pile of ambition.

Very nicely done! And props for staying awake so late through that trial.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Empress of Neon

Don Nadie

AsheandCinders

A great character I always had fun interacting with, never sure where each conversation would go. I'll miss this scummy dwarf dearly but can't wait to see what comes next.

WitchOfTheWaste

Ironside

Fantastic way to ring in a chapter.  Good job on this one dude.

VeggieTales

We only interacted a few times, but the interactions were fantastic. Afsana believed him when he explained what was happening, and still thinks that he might have believed it, too, with the deception being on the part of that other entity involved. That first scene and the transfer (which is public knowledge since the trial) were incredible, immersive, and dramatic, and led to other scenes you didn't get to see but which carried those same qualities. I don't know how they figured out that Afsana was the person who was cursed in the desert temple, but there was a day where I spent a good 2-3 hours in a cell while authorities tried to get her to break the vow and tell them what happened and who was responsible. Thank you for pulling me into that story.

Grix

Skaldorr was an awesome dwarf! I was sad that the concept got stopped in its tracks so soon, but getting devoured by lions is a pretty good way to go!