EFUSS Skill: Strategy and Battlecraft

Started by Knight Of Pentacles, April 11, 2014, 04:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight Of Pentacles

It'd be interesting to see a efuss skill one could invest in to represent a character knowledge of war, strategy, soldiering, battle, etc... I believe it to be different from simple "lore" because it requires not just recollection of facts but also the ability to dynamically make decisions.  A commander might know much of battle strategy, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows much about arcane rituals or the identity of items.   This is also a skill that could be used on certain quests to perhaps give the player advice on the best ways to go about it if they make the save.

Random_White_Guy

100% amazing.

Like how on Fort Iron Dread you get the notification about knowing how to break down the gate, etc. based on some skills, or the digging in the Mud quest.

Or a DM could ask you to roll it if you ask them for some suggested potential solutions in a more difficult quest.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Zango_Unchained

I suggest we move this suggestion instead to Efuss dungeoneering.

Witchcraft

I love this idea, especially the part about tying it to ambient notifications in quests. I think there would be something of a knock-on effect of parties being more obedient to the character who has a mechanical way to tell them how best to approach certain sections of quests.

Knight Of Pentacles

I don't care how it's named, so long as there's a skill representing those qualities.