AEL OF THE KHRE

Started by Random_White_Guy, May 07, 2016, 05:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

AEL OF THE KHRE was established with three plans in mind

1) Savagery - Playing a PC opposite my usual instincts to involve people and manipulate, Ael was quite the loner and very driven towards busting people's faces. So much so in fact I did the Hardcore Prelude which I rarely do and never once entered a PvP in Subdual Mode. The primary idea was an experiment to see how people would react if in mid-PvP there was no subdual but instead bodies simply started hitting the floor. His constant talk about eating hearts, cannibalism, etc. were a not so clear warning.

So- to those of you I fought with, when we ever crossed blades there was a good chance if you didn't run or flee you'd have been killed. (Which don't get me wrong I'm pleased to say I killed no PCs on Ael!)

The PC had been raised an Uthgardt barbarian and enslaved by the Zhentarim so every minute he was free of slavery was paradise. On more than one occasion I almost had some hilariously awkward PvP in places such as - Locked inside the Watcher Barracks threatening that only one of us would leave interrogation alive during my Conscription interview, Trapped on a boat on a DM event at level 4 where I threatened a PC infront of my entire quest party, and of course almost rumbling in the middle of the Grotto on more than one occasion.

2) Trophy - He never wore any items that were purchased or traded. Everything he wore had to be acquired by gifts from other PCS impressed by his warrior nature or saving their life, earned on DM events with a story attatched to them, or from PvP in taking trophy from a PC slain.

3) Polythieism - On EFU despite it being polythiestic people play clerics very mono-theistic. I did my best to use the crazy Uthgar pantheon to explain other aspects of faith through tribal leanings. The mercy of Ilmater and similar gods aligned with the "THUNDERBEAST" from the Thunderbeast Tribe of the Uthgar, etc.

While Ael was never able to find his totem the search was good fun and it was a great PC.

Due to a mixture of RL scheduling issues reducing my playtime severely and an over emphasis on the feeling that I have to be accruing massive XP to represent being a tough guy it has created sort of a Molotov cocktail of frustration where EFU has just felt more like work than fun the last few weeks. Just wasn't like how it was making me react to situations, etc. so hanging up the rusty watch armor.

AEL OF THE KHRE - fun screenshots including day 2 of the PC slaying a Drow Captain, leaving my entire party on the Surface in Ironborough to consecrate a defiled shrine of Nobanion slathered with "WHERE ARE YOUR GODS?", my rumble with RUSTMOUF and one of the many times I almost executed Agent Vyrgil.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Apocryphal Misconceptions

You do good, RwG. Always happy to browse through your selection of screenshots :)

Adhesive

Cool take on Uthgar. It was a bit tense meeting Ael in the wilds, as I didn't know if he was going to start chanting about eating hearts or invite me to a quest lol. Looking forward to your next.

putrid_plum

i liked the PC, a shame you moved on BUT i understand time restrictions and playing EFU ALL TO WELL...

Pentaxius

Really cool poly-totemic take on Uthgar.