They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard

Started by Random_White_Guy, June 25, 2016, 05:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

set the scene in style: They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard

The Shattered Shore Mercenary Company (Though not gone) Was the brainchild of Magister, Vlaid, and I in an attempt to see a Mercenary company on EFU flourish beyond the typical means. A lot of folks over the years have done mercenary companies but one of my favorite things in EFU:1 was a Prelude that Howland ran for a group of all manner of monsters and beasties. I was approved to play a werewolf ranger for the group but I was on vacation for the weekend but when I returned everyone was already dead, leaving me a solo monster in a dark world.

Built on the premise of the A-Team meets Monster Mash we wanted to create a wretched hive of scum and villainy of ELITE STATUS to show people that while the world was a dark place, it could always be darker. Monsters typically tend to live solitary lives so the idea of 3 Underdark PCs, all from broken settlements ravaged by the Dread Empire, banding together in the face of greed and vengeance was a delight.

Super professional, super successful, super contract-driven mercenaries who would work for literally any faction that convinced them to pay out.

While I was unfortunately unable to pursue the full plan of Blackguard of Gruumsh, my own PC's involvement in the company was to restore his lost honor from being the last survivor of his entire home of "The Coastal Keep of Khraz'algor". After slaying his wife and child he was a broken and bitter man who traveled the underworld slaying for hire before employment opportunity came in receiving a strange key.

Working as a regular for the Illithid Intryzz he and two others formed their own company and broke off from the Pyrimo. Contact was kept with Intryzz and they were considered "Regulars" of the tavern, even getting contracts, but as things developed they grew outwards and upwards in the world.

In the wake of the Duergar's death the Drow and Orog calculated their move by further circulating rumor and tale he was an Ambassador of Mutulakt which had been conveyed by confused surfacers. The original plan had been to join the Baron Geldgier's service and eventually kill him but they decided that was far too much trauma and drama and it was business after all- so instead they eventually hired him on as quartermaster. Wandering around as hired blades well and good but as the concept was to show the world how a company could be more, we laid the groundwork and from there things exploded.

My PC's angle was he was a miner and I wanted to start a prospecting and surveying company when not on mercenary contract. Onee thing lead to another and things exploded as I began making LITERAL ISENGARD in EFU.

Instead of OOC recruitment we ICly approached PCs who had prestige, names for themselves, and reputation already established IC. Some murderers, some mercenaries, all very fun and cool people.

Literally two PCs made sendings about people getting murdered by someone and we'd show up and offer them a chance to go professional, Inglorious Basterds style.

While I was unable to accomplish my full attack on the Dread Empire as I hoped my main goals were:

- Create a foe for Nature that would not hide behind the shield or in Dunwarren
- Portray an evil who would have burned down a building to slay one man inside it if someone said "Here's some gold kill that guy that hurt my friend"
- Someone who would threaten friends and family to goad his marks to dangerous locations (And ironically what caused his death)
- Total war style tactics of the most brutal route possible for the job
- Raid Traensyr in a frontal assault without any use of invisibility in a 6 man hit squad to purge the gates and slave quarters (Which was great fun)
- Finally run a god-be-damned tavern on EFU in a growing part of the server (Never got to host a fight night but no complaints)
- Got to experience the strange sensation of being actually feared on EFU which is a mixed bag. It wasn't fun having people OOCly bragging about how they couldn't wait to try their "new strong build with FE ORC" to execute me, but it was also very fun to feel like I wasn't the first PC to die in an encounter.
- Since level 4 never refused a challenge or fight to the death. Had a fight to the death at level 5!
- Actually killed some PCs which was something I hadn't done on EFU in literal years.
- Twisting people who started out as hostile to me to being part of my faction (Which many people warned was STUPID and OOC DANGEROUS and IC DANGEROUS) but felt like the best way to prevent just executing every PC who stood against me.

- Break out of Jail by raw strength of Orog Power

All in all probably my single most successful PC of EFU:R

So thanks everyone involved and I have no idea how the hell I'm going to top it. It was a lot of fun to break the "Ha ha RwG you so schemey and dramatic" archetype to play more of a menace who resorted to violence over words.

so many screenshots

[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Pandip

Genuinely iconic character that epitomized all the possibility (and, frankly, sometimes cruelty) that the server can hold with some effort, dedication, determination... and a smidgen of luck! A seriously badass villain that instilled so much fear and clout and devastation while influencing the server in a cool manner for the time he was active. Seriously have to applaud you for this one. As always, great PC to hang out with and butt heads against. Maybe one day we'll be on the same team.

Pigadig

Happy to have been killed during our lowbie death duel by such a cool PC, but sad that I couldn't think of anything to play during the rest of his reign of terror.

GriffIsaBastard

Good job on your PC I hope to still see Isengard flourish.

Pentaxius

RWG's Impressive delivery on the monster mercenary theme. A+

GorkaMorka

I should've FD'd you in the barracks when I had a chance.

putrid_plum

The hardships of city monster life are real

Bouquet of Roses

I've already told you everything I could think of saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I really enjoyed your take on the concept, and you were definitely a pressence that could be felt. It was really fun to have a few talks with you, and I had several more planned, trying to dig out the reasons as to why this Orog was so different from all the others.
Alas, it was not to be.

I hope you had fun! I certainly did.

Luke Danger

The Poundings will Continue Until Morale Improves

Random_White_Guy

Quote from: putrid_plum;n660537The hardships of city monster life are real

Except he spent 90% of his time wandering the wilds alone battling monsters, PCs, and exploration/mining so "city monster" doesn't really fit him all too much~
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Lost in the Dark

Great character. Saw him often out in the wilds pursuing his nefarious plots and although IC relief that he has gone OOC he will definitely be missed!

Anonymous Lemur

RIP

Safety restrictions offline...

Red_Judas

Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

VanillaPudding

cool pc good luck on your next

Hound

Orc armies will suffer from Attrition when Fightiness is low.