A letter send to Prince Namahedu

Started by zerotje, April 08, 2024, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

His Royal Highness, Prince of Qadira, Sir A. Namahedu,

It is with anguish that I must caution you about the Dwarf named Gedwyr.
You've shown him affinity and despite that, he slighted your Court and your Father the Maharajah.

Yesterday a Raja guard commissioned us to locate a Qadira convoy carrying precious cargo. The company was about twelve individuals including yours truly, Osric, the Cupbearer and Gedwyr.

Whilst traversing the dune towards the Windblown Camp, I spoke fondly of your Highness, the Court and Qadira and Gedwyr said something most disgracious that I dare not repeat in defiance to your excellence. I called him out on it, calling him uncouth and he spoke physical threats in return. The upstart barbarian!

When I asked Osric a moment aside and gave keen advice to watch the Dwarf in case of violence. The Dwarf grew deadly afraid at the sight of us speaking with hushed words. As result, he rescinded his aid and instructed others, with success, to do the same and defy you, your Court and your Father the Maharajah.

You know my talent for diplomacy but it is impossible to reason with arbitrary and irrational barbarians, we should be glad my testing of the man exposed his corrupted nature before he was able to cause real harm.

I have the honour to be, Sir, Your Majesty's humble and obedient servant,

High Merchant Nathaniel Blackvale

zerotje

Regarding something completely different...

I've been politically attacked twice on the question of my and our court's citizenship. We need to formulate an answer. The question is whether we of the Court are citizens of Qadira or citizens of Ephia's Well.

In my personal opinion we should remain citizens of Ephia's Well and present ourselves to be such. I believe it strengthens your position if you are in company of Ephians that are willingly serving a Prince of Qadira.

The current Legates could use this against us however, with charges of treason or whatever else their corrupted minds could conjure. So we should seek Balstan and other candidates with a possibility of success beforehand so a new Legate favor our stance and not seek to use it against us in the future.

Should we be persecuted or exiled however, my Prince, I would like to ask of you, to make us citizens of Qadira officially, so we aren't nomads on paper. Just in case.

Hopefully through skilled diplomacy any such sort outcome may be avoided. It'd make them look quite tyrannical in any case, even more so if we keep up our charm offense on the populace. Because for now, my Prince, it looks like we're succeeding.

zerotje

You've undoubtly been occupied with matters of great importance and thus I write you now with a friendly reminder that you've not yet been able to formulate an answer.

The issue of our citizenship remains unsolved. Please, whenever your Highness has time, resolve the matter.

Besides, after this, I have other pressing matters to register with you.

zerotje

I have decided to supply you with information required for you to solidify your rule and keep a royal finger to the pulse. You do not have the ability to be omnipresent, allow my advice to illuminate you.

THE PRINCE OF QADIRA'S EPHIAN COURT

Osric Locke, Priest

Scores

Competence: 650 out of 1000
Loyalty: 600 out of 1000
Importance: 700 out of 1000

Brief summary: Osric Locke has the ability to launch a charm offense to the following of the Warrior and bestow onto his Royal Highness many blessings. There is opportunity to propagate your favorability. However, there appears to be little effort made. He seems to favor you over most other Warriors in the Ephia's Well and disloyalty is not a worry. He has no title and that's as boring as he himself. Unlike you, who's entertaining even to Colossi and Sultans.

Boffin, Cupbearer

Competence: 750 out of 1000
Loyalty: 700 out of 1000
Importance: 500 out of 1000

Brief summary: A fairly skilled cutter with little ambition. This makes for a loyal subject and she is fitting enough to test your wine for poison indeed. She does call the Dragon her ''boss'' affectionately and one wonders who she'd die for- you or the Dragon- if forced to choose. I am also worried that she might break her back holding the cup for you because she's so small and you are so majestically tall.

Caprise, Corsair

Competence: 700 out of 1000
Loyalty: 800 out of 1000
Importance: 500 out of 1000

Brief summary: Caprise is stupid. But he cuts well and with ferocity. His sealegs are a boon to any maritime efforts required to aid Qadira to earn your Father's blessings. Has absolutely no reason to favor Ephia's Well over you and is likely to refuse bribes. Still, he's replacable. Of course his sealegs pale in comparison to your royal maritime expertise.

Iskandar, Herald

Competence: 900 out of 1000
Loyalty: 800 out of 1000
Importance: 100 out of 1000

Brief summary: A master on the battlefield who's songs inspire the best of the worst parts of humanity. He seems to favor you greatly as a warrior and I think there's little competition. Besides, he does not strike me as anyone that would break vows. However, he's barely around and hasn't written a single ballad to your name. Silly man. He could learn how to be important from you, your majesty.

Argent, Wyrm of Avarice

Competence: 999 out of 1000
Loyalty: 100 out of 1000
Importance: 999 out of 1000

Brief summary: The Wyrm is a shrewd politician that's manages to wrap everyone around his magical little fingers, his words are gold in the ears of many. He has grown so powerful, that he secured Balstan's victory and is promised to become Prelate. He is instrumental to our diplomatic success because through him the city's coffers and policies may be utilized in ways we deem fitting. However, he does not need you, my Prince. He could achieve all of this without you. There is nothing that tethers him to you and he demonstrates nothing in the form of servitude to you. He displays nothing and has proven nothing. I warn you Prince, beware this dastardly Dragon! He could be taught a lesson of loyalty from you by how much you love Qadira-by-the-Sea.

Nathaniel, High Merchant

Loyalty: 1000 out of 1000

My Prince I live to serve you!

zerotje

it appears I have forgotten to score Darius the Axe in my last letter to you.

Darius, the Axe

Competence: 0 out of 1000
Loyalty: 0 out of 1000
Importance: 0 out of 1000

Let it hereby be corrected. Deep apologies.