Diocletes Diadys! [Retired]

Started by Hierophant, April 02, 2024, 10:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

Dio has been a Janissary since February 11th and has existed since the 8th. He began as one of my more characterized concepts, starting out as a fervent Agasian wishing to prove himself, to an experienced Janissary who did not let any loose ends go uninvestigated.

He felt human, and for once I didn't feel like I had any OOC stake in a character. I played him as he was, through both mechanical and roleplayed flaws to just letting the story take him where he needs to go, rather than hamshoeing a goal. The only goal I actually had for him was to become Baz'eeli nobility (partly by becoming a Lieutenant).

But as time went on, he had always been rather naive and unaware of his surroundings and though he adapted his views accordingly came to realize he is and always will be a grunt. He was okay with this, and I was also enjoying just being a soldier without any ulterior motives.

He became involved in a lot of funky stuff, from being captured by some dead Janissaries to getting the shit kicked out of him by his own comrade Hosan (a hilarious scene), to his most notorious case, Phil Lashio the Wicked. It was all a blast and I enjoyed a lot of the PCs I interacted with. Just off my top of my head, these PCs were Samton Ashworth, Daoud al-Maaz, Arnock Reyer, Rennik Colmes, Zol Nur, Xon Dhoten, Ashley Scherwin, Bajica Dilleni, Maria Tuscanzi, Emmanuel Harper. Commendations go to the bros he had along the way; Kroggnought, Edan Keladon, Vim Veltrod and I forget the last dude but he made a mean worm stew.

I'm choosing to retire Dio rather than conclude his story, as the conclusion of his story is probably dying in the first permadeath event of this war but I'm running short on time and I didn't want to just be super inactive, show up for a perma event and off myself. So I'll let the end of his story be vague and simple, much like the man himself. Did he get killed in some patrol, after everything he had survived? Did he desert? Is he in some Fourth Garrison basement, waiting for a phone call? Whatever the case, Dio is never seen again by most Ephians.

A few screenies:

Peace and see you on the next (when I have the time!).
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Karp

Don Nadie

Will never get over how bald he was. :D Glad you had fun, he was enjoyable to have arround!