Tammuz IY 7788 | Gold Campaign Politics

Started by Ziya, April 05, 2024, 05:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziya

Tammuz 5th, IY 7788

As the Tammuz Election wages on amidst a backdrop of the war against Iakmes, the Leagues of Gold, Purple, and White, muster their candidates.

The Whites' tragic loss did not prevent them from fielding another candidate shortly after...

QuoteMiro Lac-du-Manse

Regarding the Ymir 7788 campaign: The League of White shall select a new candidate. I do not intend to run, but will support whoever wins our nomination. Ymir was an illustrious woman of profound moral character. We shall miss you, Akna.

QuoteRumors begin to spread throughout the settlement of Ephia's Well that Miro Lac-du-Manse of the League of White is gathering signatures to qualify as the League's choice for Legate.

While the Gold comes to be united, perhaps oddly, under a dwarf...

QuoteBalstan Gloamingdaith

T'is be Balstan, Balstan Gloamingdaith, author of the Compendium to Ephia's Well and the presumptive candidate fer the League of Gold. The League has come together, and in unity, make its voice in Tammuz heard. I am grateful and honored fer their support.

Words, trust, promises, they be at the heart of a candidate when yer judge us. When I penned the Compendium, I reached out tae many of yer, and yer have treated with I and my scholarship. Skeptical, some of yer were, when I spoke of my beliefs fer guidance for the newly-arrived.

Yer were skeptical, aye, that I could deliver, even as yer in generosity and to my gratitude supported my work. But I did deliver, aye. My words be my bond.

And when the League of Gold met, and spoke of supporting avenues fer more tae through merit and ambition become Voiced, say to I, what would yer do, fer your beliefs? I promised that I shall provide such an avenue. To skepticism, again, aye, perhaps.

But I did deliver, again, the Sandstone Examination, which even now seeks to provide avenue fer the Voiceless to become Voiced, through merit, diligence, and study.

The words I make, the promises I offer, I delivered. And will deliver. And so I make this oath: as Legate, I will see promised my full, unwavering, unyielding support, fer the Accords and the brave and the courageous who have sacrificed so much fer the defence of Ephia's Well.

And yer know that I shall be good fer my word, that I will deliver. We must win this war, and mine and the League of Gold's utmost shall go towards the defense and stewardship of our home. Live and drink, aye.

The Gold seems content to campaign on keeping one's words and delivering upon one's promises upon a foundation of merit. As part of that campaign, free copies of the Compendium to Ephia's Well are distributed. Some naysayers mutter that perhaps Balstan's campaign is nothing more than an elaborate farce to advertise his book. But surely not. That would be silly...

The Tammuz primaries continue...