Nerf gladiator deck or make it major/minor house only

Started by Damien, March 05, 2021, 12:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Part of my ongoing campaign to nerf the friendlyman; please either nerf this deck or make it major/minor house only.

Every random pc/halfling getting it, when their chars dont care about prestige or martial renown, cheapens it and makes it all a bit dumb.

Probably nerf it is best, keep it open to everyone, as its a cool, fun thing.

Blue41

I don't mind unaffiliated PCs getting the chance to shine but the deck is pretty powerful and could stand to be toned down.

merrychase

One way to balance the deck would be to let the player pick a subset of things the deck does. So out of say five or six great options, player chooses two.

It is pretty hard to get and for most classes a lot of risk, potions, magic items, and patience to get.

Allowing the player to choose would make it nearly as valuable to them personally but not as valuable generically.

Ser Shroom

Back when the gladiators were first introduced getting a deck was perhaps a serious accomplishment. Now like every other system it has been learned and gamed. Yes a nerf is long overdue.

Ser Shroom

Perhaps above was a little determinative. If it's kept as it is however there should be a standing in-game bounty or some great reward for turning one in so as to encourage those holding them to be targets

Abala

Jagged

I think it's fine how it is. I know of only one character who has  one and they're extremely expensive and time consuming to acquire. Most characters will die long before they even come close to completing it. It's really nice, but doesn't heavily tip the scales in PvP.

Abala