Please pick up after yourselves

Started by adharmas, September 22, 2008, 10:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adharmas

Didn't want to clutter up the Module Change Request Thread. :)

Quote from: sylvyrdragon;88500Could we get a 'garbage' dump in the Starwood Village?

It seems that traffic is picking up there and it would be nice to have someplace to dump the stuff. It could even be a "POOF" it is gone kind of thing.

Thanks

Every time you litter, a stargazer halfling cries.

Cruzel

But I like making halflings cry ;(

Joe Desu

Ok, so it might not make sense for Stargazers to have a growing stinky dump, provide a more RP version of the bottomless pit.

Why not call it a "donation" tent so that you are "donating" items to the fine stargazers residents, instead of the idea of garbage.  Or how about an old fogie who likes to collect junk.  Anyway you plan it out would be super.

Dr Dragon

I say leave as is. Their is a problem with littering  RL it should be a problem with the game world.  If you want to make it a mission to pick up trash make your character do it himself. I am against Dms doing all this stuff to encourage disposable garbage when RL their is plenty of people who litter. I think devoted pcs should be picking up trash. It makes no sense for their to be so many trash cans in the middle of the wilds.

Foop

Dr D,

I believe the main issue is that to much litter all over the server will result in lag.

- F

Dr Dragon

This is an IG issue not an ooc one considering their is plenty of lag RL from all this trash so I say leave as is and let cleaning up be the pcs job.

The Crimson Magician

Make a placeable like the waste barrels in UD that reads: Toss items off the Bridge

bob7el

But then the items would just land in the water below.  I don't like the idea of Waste Barrels.  Scavenging is part of the fun.  I can't think of a QA or heavily populated area that doesn't have a trash heap nearby, but if anyone can think of one, I'd be more inclined to that suggestion.

sylvyrdragon

I DO go around and collect everyones "garbage" (when I am in the city) and then am stuck carrying it around.  I spend most of my time out in the wilds, and at the Starwoods, and THERE I am constantly picking up stuff.

I like the idea of a Donation tent or something for the Stargazers.  It would be something most of the PC's that are there would happily do for them.

I just find it silly that no matter where I go, I am picking up stuff that other adventures just leave laying around.  (Actually picked up an nice axe that way... not that I can use it.) I'm thinking that in REALITY most of us would not leave potential weapons lieing about when there are so many that would gladly use it against them.

I know that part of it is that they can't sell it, and therefore don't care.  But come on, leaving an Axe, Armor, Helm, necklaces etc.  Just lying about?  I don't think any of us would do this IRL (Dr. Dragon......).

Goblin Butcher

DRD this is D&D not RLRPG!