Deceased: Lord Aessar von Ardale, Human, age 30, True Neutral, Wizard.

Started by Aethereal, February 03, 2011, 09:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethereal

Well so comes the end to my first character on EFU:A. I thought as he lay there at the feet of an old colleague, that I would regret the loss. It was however, oddly cathartic. To experience death then be released, perhaps reincarnated... I do not yet know. I don't know.

After quitting the Spellguard he wanted to support the library...He had the funds and he was a patrician (for only a few days then he died. OOC:I should have checked out old port while I had the chance! :()

Alas. Too late. He died paranoid but not paranoid enough. Too trusting. Never did make it to Old Port.

And it's true, Aessar was a necromancer; he animated twice and only twice in his whole time on Ymph, both times with a scroll. One was a Giant stone lizard found when out adventuring with company, heading up the mountains. He waited until everyone was gone to try it. This was his first time.

Then oddly enough he found ogre bones in the new arrival's chest... used the scroll in the sewers then promptly dismissed the ugly brute.

He was also a spirit caller, early in his career; a curse he bore as he sought the children he never had- miscarraige had scarred him, he had asked the question: Why? Why must life be taken when it is not yet come to be. Such is what fuelled his interests in necromancy.

The first time he entered the granary, called out to the spirit realms requesting the aid of allies. A child did come and a man in his party destroyed it. This here could have been his end, if he did not remain quiet. For this man attacked another who claimed the spirit came from his armour. How lucky was he, to not be persecuted; yet he knew he could no longer call upon his allies.

Then there was the event, which some might remember. He was confined by his old friend, Hagrim both for his safety and the apparent safety of others. He knew Hagrim was only doing it as the duty of a friend, although it did seem a bit extreme. Exaltation, excitement, only he could experience on the day that he became the caller of celestials. No longer cursed, his children had found peace - in the goodly places of eternity.

And how can we forget. The first of the surfacers to join the Spellguard? The Spellguard quickly snatched him up, his great curiosity and exploits in alchemy and herbalism and various Netherese translations. Too friendly for his own good, that fateful day would seal his demise. He assisted them; he saw the creation of the animatron which would later be the spellguard defender that Agent Syrov so often tapped on his wrist pad to beckon. Lore... at a price.

And Frin... Professor Frin! The short lived yet incredibly potent coalition that became known as Aessar and Frin's Arcane Advisory. Alas, not long after the event of Frin's murder they had lost contact and Aessar had accepted it even preferred to be without the good gnome. But know this: It was Frin to whom he called out before going forth into the sewers. It was Frin whom he remembered.

Oh... and he left a note... and an old friend knows all...The Spellguard will be watched.

Well thanks all. A few character whom Aessar (and I) really really liked were:

Samantha White
Oisin Felwind
Teril Wilkinson-Smythe
Professor Frin
Gregor Farsun
Deekin...then Hagrim
The Spellguard folks (begrudgingly X_X)
Elena Rift
Jeneil
Micheal Tommas

And I know there are others who I haven't mentioned so forgive me! Aessar was a very friendly sort and introduced himself to almost everyone he saw.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Relinquish

Now my discount on wands is WORTHLESS

godofpaincc8

:(

i liked that character even though i hardly knew him its too bad. And by the way are you making another character?

anurin

Coldburn

Shame Fzoul couldn't complete his dastardly plot together with you.

Aethereal

There may yet be hope, though so this could be a false alarm! I really hope so.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

Aethereal

Quote from: Relinquish;222164Now my discount on wands is WORTHLESS

*cackles as he watches over you*
---

Wrexsoul

I didn't get to interact with Aessar much, but what I saw was real neat! In particular I remember one day when I was minding my own business, when suddenly you made the sending regarding your children, and then bounding down the side of the ziggurat radiating pure joy and happiness; The way you played it really painted me a picture of what you were experiencing, and it felt like a really nice display of roleplay!

Once you feel the pull again, go roll up something new, just as awesome, and rock the server. Well played!

Aethereal

Quote from: Wrexsoul;222279I didn't get to interact with Aessar much, but what I saw was real neat! In particular I remember one day when I was minding my own business, when suddenly you made the sending regarding your children, and then bounding down the side of the ziggurat radiating pure joy and happiness; The way you played it really painted me a picture of what you were experiencing, and it felt like a really nice display of roleplay!

Once you feel the pull again, go roll up something new, just as awesome, and rock the server. Well played!
Awww thanks, it was a delight. And I am glad others could enjoy it as much as I!
---

mucka1916

Aessar was a delight and one of few Oisin would've called a friend. He trusted him wholeheartedly and it's sad his time came to pass. Though at least we can crack more innuendo together about Sam in the fugue plane xD

Aethereal

Quote from: mucka1916;222286Though at least we can crack more innuendo together about Sam in the fugue plane xD
We should, we really should! :P

Although it should be noted that Aessar was completely true to his betrothed and not really interested in anyone else, beyond friendship.
---

SilentSouth

*sniffles*
Aessar and Frin.... those two where like two peas in a pod.
I'll miss you man, and i don't care i'll meta game myself to be friends with your new PC.

tddbrprncss

My PC will miss yours a bunch.  The player behind that PC, y'know...me, can't wait to roleplay with you again.

godofpaincc8

i remember when Aessar was trying to get an elf on his side and he asked me if he was powerful and i replied "Yes he could probably crush us both in a heartbeat" and how the elf reacted when Aessar conjured some sort of extra planar creature looked kind of like an angel how the elf dropped to his knees. LOL it was hillarious and then he teleported us somewhere. And by the way how did you do the teleporting :P

Nuclear Catastrophe

Most people are content with one backslapping, nuthugging thread.  You seem to have three going.