A possible farewell

Started by Aethereal, February 03, 2011, 11:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faqir

I've felt that way countless times, recently actually. But I took a break, had a sleep, smoked a fat one and afterwards I smiled at the fun I had while it lasted. Nothing is forever. Alas, should you choose to leave, it really would be sad to lose a budding new player. Just have a think, and I guarantee you'll be back.

There's so much to see!

Peace and love, sir.

Bearic

Sorry to hear it happened as such; hope you try playing as something else, or find something nice else where or here. Aessar was a fun character. =]

Porkolt

You'll feel better tomorrow and will roll up a new PC.

Everyone does. It's part of the experience.

Decimate_The_Weak

I wasn't able to roleplay with you as often as others, but what little interaction we did have, it was pretty obvious that you were enjoying Aessar.

As stated by other players of the community, we've all felt that way, man. You invest a lot of time into a character, and something that you would deem "petty" sets you back, so to say. In other-words, all that time wasted.

Give it another go.

Shamtastic

You must stay, if for no other reason then to keep Prestonhunt from reclaiming his nick..

On a more serious note, first Death of a serious main char is the hardest..on the up side, you probably have seen 10% of what is to be seen, so alot for you to see if you stick around.  And even then, you will still rage quit, then come back..is the cycle of life here in efua. Growing pains perhaps? Like Mort said, all part of the process. Rewards are ridiculous if you endure the risk, but I understand if you decide to invest your valuable hours elsewhere.

Really enjoyed all our interactions (you have spoken with several PC's of mine, thou doubt you knew it).  Hope to have many more talks with PC's of The Magister!.

Gippy

Most PC death is avoidable... The best players always give an out. I'm sure there was warning signs leading up to the brutal betrayal that happened. If there was not, then I fear that the player that killed you will probably just feel terrible about it, and learn from his mistakes in the future.

TheMacPanther

If you go, then so long and have fun with wherever life takes you. But do know that I had a great time playing with you and totally understand what it feels like to dump hours and hours into the complex act that is creating another being that is wholly your own...and seeing it get ice stormed and lightningbolted because it is a kobold in the wrong place at the wrong time. (And I assure you, ask any vet or dedicated player and they can tell you a story about something similar)

Sometimes things like that happens and it totally sucks, but for me I use it as an opportunity to see a new part of the server and look and learn about something completely new and unique in our little storybook biosphere.

If you do ever decide to come back I recommend picking someone who will be involved in a different part of the server (Nature, Docks, Gobsquat etc...) and/or app for something funky and zesty to go along with what you have in mind.

Hope you have the best.

TMP[/i]

Wildlings

I have been here 3 years now, and in my three years I have played a few characters.  I'm one of those that enjoys the long lived P.C's.  Those that evolve slowly, those that I can watch grow and have the world around them effect them.

Anyway, in the three years I have only been 'ganked' once.  Now when it happened I was PISSED.  I ranted, I raved, I quit, all of it.  But, after a few days I looked back on it and was able to in truth say that the death was more deserving than any other she could have had.

I can say that I'm not a PvP player.  I don't think I have ever truly been involved in PvP.  So I can attest that it can indeed be avoided.  It's not always easy, and I have been called a chicken many many times.  But, I play the game to enjoy it. I play to tell the story of my characters life, no matter how long or short that story may be.

So, I suggest you rant and rave for a bit.  Then take a deep breath and think about it.  Rash decisions are rarely the right ones.

Letsplayforfun

This is probably your first perma death of a long lived high lvl PC on EfUA, and the first few ones can be rough, especially if you had little weight in the outcome of the pvp.

But your mage was a reknowned personnality of the settlement, he's made his mark, and his time is done. His death is an opportunity to move on to something else.

There's tons to see on the server. Hecks, i've DMed a year now and still am learning about stuff my pcs have never seen yet... This is a pvp server, but without deliberately avoiding pvp, you hop around this island a long way.

Come back with a new pc you'll enjoy, and soon this rage/sad quit will seem like a noob's rant to you.

Aethereal

Well thanks to everyone for offering their experiences and advice! I welcome the input of any others if they wish to provide it too.

I am going to spend the next few days conducting my own little ritual for Aessar's death. Publishing his two books, putting up his screenshots, summarising his life. Closure...

Although... He was paranoid before his end... There was a note left at the citadel and someone knows all and is advised to reveal it, should Aessar die.

Pity he valued friendship so highly, that was his downfall. An unsuspecting end.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

AllMYBudgies

Sometimes, the unexpected ends can really boost the drama and memory of a character.
It's a shame that he's gone, but I look forward to your next!

SilentSouth

Aessar was an amazing PC seriously. You had a really positive impact on the server, and the time i spent with him on Frin was so fun, i enjoyed every moment of it.
From starting up a buisness to slowly loosing his sanity on drugs i was with you all the way dude.

It would really be a waste for such a good RPer to quit now, first death is always shitty but please don't give up. I really will look forward to your next PC.

Nuclear Catastrophe

Quote from: The Magister;222181You are ever the charmer aren't you. Glad to be leaving if it means seeing less of you, whoever you are. That type of attitude doesn't help anyone.

He was only being light hearted.  Don't be so prickly.

gab1

One of my favorite characters. It's really sad, and i honestly have no IC idea how you perished.

You actually introduced and gave a very kind tour of the city to my new PC (Holder), as well as being pals with Bugsby.

You were always fun my friend, and be sure, my characters will remember you. I think i will transmute a chicken in your honor.

Like others have said, try not to worry about the character, on this server. All the things, the XP and the loot are all impermanent, and transitory particles on a screen, what really matters, is the time spent.

All the best.

edit: It's like a play, where everyone must die. You are just in a role, remember that.

Aethereal

Quote from: gab1;222335One of my favorite characters. It's really sad, and i honestly have no IC idea how you perished.

You actually introduced and gave a very kind tour of the city to my new PC (Holder), as well as being pals with Bugsby.

You were always fun my friend, and be sure, my characters will remember you. I think i will transmute a chicken in your honor.

Like others have said, try not to worry about the character, on this server. All the things, the XP and the loot are all impermanent, and transitory particles on a screen, what really matters, is the time spent.

All the best.

edit: It's like a play, where everyone must die. You are just in a role, remember that.
Hmmmmm, well I'm glad of that. But if I do make a new character, the first is unfortunately most likely to be a bitter or crazy b@#$@# who will never be so kind as Aessar was.

And an interesting metaphor there.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.