In Memory of Wern8

Started by alphabits, April 27, 2012, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphabits

Many in this community considered Wern8 a friend, so I thought  it appropriate to share this with you all. Wern passed away very  suddenly not long ago. He suffered from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and  his condition had been worsening for some time. I'm told by his family  that he was cheerful up to the end, and suffered minimal discomfort.

I  have known Wern a long time, both in and out of the game. He was always  positive despite his condition, and was one of the nicest and most  decent people I've known. He had great perseverance, and boundless generosity, not only as a  player but in his life. Without exception I've enjoyed every moment I've had of  playing or talking with him. His characters on EFU have been some of the  finest, but I think more importantly he has always been in his manner a  pillar of this community, which is diminished with his passing. I  personally will greatly miss him, and am honored to have played a small  part in his life.

It's a great tragedy for his family, but he  wanted them to celebrate his life, and I think it would be appropriate  if the community did the same by sharing what memories of Wern we have.

Caster13

I got an email too. I don't know what to say.

shadesofblack

Wern,

You were one of the kindest souls I've had the chance to know. Words fail me at this moment, but thank you for being a friend.

core

This is terrible. Wern was one of the first people to show me how to use the DM client and was always supportive in my first flailing days. RIP buddy. =\

Staring Death

My sympathies go to the family and friends. May you rest in peace!

Lenthis

Wern was one of the people who I first talked to in EFU, when I made a drow and was put in the char retirement area because I didn't know you had to app, and he treated with kindness and helpfulness, I will miss Wern. RIP

xXCrystal_Rose

I am speechless for once.

TeufelHunden

Wern8 was always such a great guy and will be missed. He is one of the first people I met and remembered on the server when I was running around on Half-Orc crushbots. My sympathies go to his family.

lovethesuit

What an incredibly kind and thoughtful person. I'll always remember him fondly.

daJollyMole

I really don't know what to say here. Even though we only knew each other over the internet, we had some good times together, both in game and out. He was one of the first people I roleplayed with on EfU and has been a constant source of advice and encouragement to me. I considered him to be a good friend of mine and I will miss his presence a great deal.

Rest in peace Wern.

Ebok

Wag the Wern8 Hero Flag |<3

AfroMullet

Oh god...I'll miss you.

HungeringShadows

Never could get him to speak whilst in ventrilo. I'll miss him. We played many games together nwn included.

VanillaPudding

I've played with Wern8 for more years than I can even remember, from the old City of Arabel version 2 days and through EFU:M. He was always one of the most supportive and kind people and will be greatly missed.

I'd suggest giving this great person and member of the DM team a memorial of some sort in game, a statue or some such!

Dr Dragon