In Memory of Wern8

Started by alphabits, April 27, 2012, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germain

I sat here for a few minutes, truly at a loss of what to even type.

I had many a good talk with him over a mess of various topics.  I wish I could say that I knew more of him outside of this little world we know.. but I did not.  Not really anyway..

What I did know was that he was a good man with a good heart.  Wern legitimately cared about the people that he interacted with on the other side of the screen.  We are fortunate to have had him be part of our "imaginary" lives and I for one will miss him.

Requiescat in pace

morva

Wow, didn't really know him that well. The only memory I have of wern8 is when on EFUA he had a paladin guy named Oberon Whitecloak who fought against caddies I think...and he hit him with a smite evil crit and almost killed him. Anyway he seemed like a good guy and he will be missed. RIP

9lives

MrGrendel

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

What a sad bit of news. I'm grateful that Wern chose to spend some of his time in this world with us. He always seemed such a genuinely decent and sincere person.

Paha

I truly wish I would not have to see the news of good people passing before their time. Unfortunately it can't be avoided even inside smaller communities through all these years.

I always remember Wern from Arabel when I started there as a casual player long years ago. I probably can never forget the irony of his paladin that held the record of dying, and stubbornly continuing despite any such bad luck.

Rest in peace. I really hope he was able to enjoy life with his family and that the condition did not rule how he lived.

Howlando

What a terrible blow. I knew Wern for a long time, I have fond memories of his ridiculous paladin Ky'ran even before EFU existed. And then of course with EFU, both as a player and DM, we spoke and interacted many times. Although I never met the guy in person, I would still consider him a friend. I genuinely consider my life to have been enriched from having had a chance to know him a bit.

The guy lived with the facts of his condition, and awareness that maybe he didn't have much time left, with grace and poise. He genuinely adventured: he traveled to a lot of places in the real world, and despite being confined to a wheelchair had the good taste to go on some crazy NWN adventures too. He was a good player, a good DM, a good guy to have around.

I know everyone who had a chance to interact with Wern8 will miss him. RIP.

NeonGlobule

First time Ive heard of Wern8 was with ADP's stories and when I did get  the chance to play with him, I had a lot of fun. I  rarely hang around in game and IRC back then but when there were  discussions I noticed he was one of the people that would make a  cheerful response or opinion, often in a positive light. Adp and I would normally ask each other when is he coming  back, I would sometimes think back about fun times we had.

Reading this made me genuinely sad. I'm glad to have met him even for a short while.

Snoteye

AllMYBudgies

I feel that there is very little that I can type that could reiterate what an amazing guy Wern was. He will be sorely missed.

caek

I've written and deleted about 10 posts trying to work out what to say, but I'm still lost for words.

Genuinely lovely, lovely guy and one who will be missed by everyone. I will let the CoA community know also, as many people there shared some good times with him and don't play here / check the forums.

Rest in peace, pal.

lavishfeast

Wow. Horrible news.

Six or seven years ago Wern8 took me by the hand and mentored me during my first foray into PW Servers, he was a source of education and inspiration. An exceptionally nice guy and one I regrettably lost contact with.

Very sad.

Rest in peace.

NeonGlobule

Quote from: caek;285621I've written and deleted about 10 posts trying to work out what to say, but I'm still lost for words.

That's what happened to me, even right now I still dont know how I can say it right.

Disco

He was a great guy :(

Halfbrood

He was always a friendly face, will be sorely missed by all I have no doubt.

Mort

Wern8 was a stellar guy. He was always positive, cheerful and a general great guy to have around in which I've shared some nice memories with him. He'll be sorely missed. He was remembered by most of the community as a religious guy, but very few dared found out why - When mortality is very real -- faith and a belief in an afterlife are nearly essential to see you through.

In the last year or so, his condition had taken a turn for the worst, and I wish we could have spent more time together.

Rest well upthere, little guy!