In Memory of Wern8

Started by alphabits, April 27, 2012, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Orc Man

Almost a decade ago, when I joined CoA as a fresh-faced 15-year-old, the dude was one of the first friends I had there.

Hardcore motherfucker through and through, and fortunately at least not in pain now.

And yeah, I'm always gonna picture him as Ky'ran!

The Boom King

Wern8 was so great. :( This freaking sucks. He was the nicest guy around. Always encouraged me.

cawila

I made his acquaintance as an Arabel player before the Escape from Underdark project began. It has been years since I logged into these forums, but the news brought me back here. Wern8 was one of the people who through his role-playing helped draw me into this gaming community.

Personally, I found this news extremely sad. ...though I was heartened by others reminiscing in this thread about Wern8 experiences. My impression of him was that the guy was essentially impossible not to like.

EfUA_undercover

Quote from: HowlandI know everyone who had a chance to interact with Wern8 will miss him. RIP.
I do know I will and I only knew him through this silly game. My thoughts are with his friends and family. R.I.P Wern8.

Caddies

Sad news, very glad he was not in pain. He was an enjoyable opponent on the EFU battlefields, indefatigable in his quest to crush evil - and one of the few people who took real risks to do so.

SanTelmo

During EfU start he was something for beginners, like me, to look up to and strive for. Later on he kept his good quality up in both characters and DMing and was always pleasant to contact outside the game as well. Thank you for the good times.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

el groso

LiAlH4

Grim news. Rest in peace, Wern8.

UnholyWon

Wern8, he will be missed. RIP.

wcsherry

From the old days of Arabel, to the depths of the Underdark, and finally on to Mistlocke, Wern8 has remained a positive presence in the community, and a friend that I've enjoyed playing many video games with over the years.

Very few people in this community can be characterized by the phrase: "consistently upbeat and charming to be around", yet Wern8 was absolutely one of them. May he rest in peace.

Nuclear Catastrophe

This hurt quite a bit to read.  Wern8 never asked for any sympathy, or expected any favours despite his condition.  If it had been me, I suspect I would have just been angry all the time, and displaced it everywhere but on myself.  Wern didn't expect anything from anyone, and just did his thing, and he made it to the very top of this server.  I'm not sure there's anything we can do on this silly little game that could be a truly fitting tribute to his spirit, but my thoughts are with him and his friends and family.

Cruzel

I logged into IRC for the first time in over a year, only to find out about this. My heart immediately sank and filled with sadness. Wern8 was my hero, a man who managed to turn an internet persona into a symbol for a large group of people to admire and aspire to. I will miss him forever.

SideKick

Really sorry to hear about this.  My condolences to his family and friends.  

RIP Wern8.

Egon the Monkey

He made my time in the old Conclave excellent. I'll miss him as a storyteller, as the bloke who tried to write the tales of a few noble people in EfU's Crapsack World. Wish I'd got round to knowing him better while he was with us. It's shocking to come back and hear this out of the blue, but it's a tribute to Wern8's courage and good nature that I never would have expected him to be someone facing such awful illness.

Goodbye Wern8.

chrijone

Rest in peace Wern8 :'( :(