In Memory of Wern8

Started by alphabits, April 27, 2012, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calixto

I didn't know him, and apparently it's a shame. I'm sure his family would be glad to know so many people, who did not even know him personally, appreciated Wern8 so much :)
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

Somniis

Years ago, I remember loitering outside The Last Stand tavern in Sanctuary... A boisterous, gorgeous woman with an offensive tone storms out the front door.. followed by a quiet, unobtrusive palladin. This woman (running for council) threatened the life and liberty of this nameless paladin... who in few words, managed to subdue her wild threats; by outlining the consequences of her actions... then he just peacefully walked away.

This impressed me as the kind of player that resonates presence and power... Simply by being a good person - softly spoken, strong in their stance. Effortless power. He was roleplaying a paladin, of course... but it did make me see how great some gaming encounters can be.

Thankyou Wern8 for showing me these things...

Condolences to his family and friends. He definitely inspired me to be patient and better...

Peaceful journeys...

PanamaLane

Very sad to learn this. Wern8 was a solid human being. I'll miss our religious debates, and for his sake, I hope he was right!

Sympathies to all, efu and the world lost a great person.

Nights Bane

Rest in peace

You were the consumate paladin.  I'm not talking about any of your characters.  You were a the epitomy of good.  

I hope your family know that we travelled across the Underdark together, traded the spoils of our conquered enemies in the market, wrangled our way through treacherous jungles where even the plant life tried to kill us, debated the philosophies of our god, we faced the walking dead and won, we hid in a mystical mist from an evil witch and we even shared drinks in the tavern.  

We fought dragons together.