Songs

Started by Wrexsoul, August 30, 2013, 05:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrexsoul

I haven't been around much lately, for a bunch of reasons. Some of these reasons are less fun than others (work, I'm looking at you), but one of the reasons is that I've been busy working with my music. I've been playing singer-songwriter covers for a long time, but this spring/summer I have finally begun writing my own songs. Recently I managed to get some time in a small studio to record demos of these, and the result can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/philip-hartman

The demos are quickly recorded and mixed without any fanciness (plus I was super nervous), so they're hardly at CD production level. But having dreamt of writing my own songs for ages this is a really big thing for me, and so it's not without a certain whole bunch of nervousness I post this. If you have a few minutes to spare I'd be honoured if you would give them a listen.

-Edit- If you like the songs, feel free to share them around! It'd be awesome if they were to be spread around a bit. :)

-Edit 2- New song! https://soundcloud.com/philip-hartman/not-an-autumn-song

Vlaid

Hey this is great! Congratulations on following your heart man!

I just started listening to the first song, but it has a great chill to it so far =)

Garem

Good stuff!

I'm a big fan of fingerpicked acoustic songs. Cat Is Sleeping's picking is fantastic.

shards

omg!
I just started listening to long way to heaven and I am already in love!

[wants to download it all]

Wrexsoul

:D You guys are great!

Vlaid: Thanks! Let me know what you think of the others. :)

Garem: That song was so fun to write, it's in an open tuning I've never before played in so I just experimented up the entire song. Glad you like it so much!

Shards: You just put the biggest grin on my face, thanks! I can PM you the mp3's if you like. :)

shards

Quote from: Wrexsoul;352052:D You guys are great!

Shards: You just put the biggest grin on my face, thanks! I can PM you the mp3's if you like. :)

[waiting]

Somniis

Wrex!

'Long Way to Heaven' is a beautiful song, bro... You gotta follow your heart with music... Don't let anyone knock you off your path... Some of the chord changes, feelings and tones of voice you explore in all your demos are extraordinary :)

Wrexsoul

Somniis, thank you for those words! This is definitely the path I want to stick to, writing songs and playing music. Definitely going to write some more songs if it gives me such heartwarming feedback as this. :p

xxWhisperingWindsxx

Amazing stuff!! <3 <3 <3  Please keep going.  

Matter of fact, just created a list on SoundCloud for your stuff :)
[20:20] <crump> nature's not outright trying to murder everyone there, it's playing gentle, lures everyone into a false sense of security. then it strikes. chicago's weather is the bdsm of nature systems

Yalta

Really like this Wrexsoul. Very good.

efuincarnate

Quite a talent sir!..., listening to long way to heaven right now, simply impressive.

Joe Desu

I like the relaxing music and the stories.

Edit: Only took 5 minutes to get a like when I put a link up on FB.

Wrexsoul

Thanks a whole bunch for the kind praise, guys! And for sharing it onward. This sure inspires me to write more stuff.

Wrexsoul

Just popping by to say that I've recorded another song. It'd be awesome if you would like to give it a listen - It's even in season!

https://soundcloud.com/philip-hartman/not-an-autumn-song

Bouquet of Roses

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone, I think. Awesome job, Wrex.
Really enjoying what you've done ^^
Keep doing it!