Thank you and Farewell!

Started by Kinslayer988, April 21, 2016, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinslayer988

Hi there, Kinslayer here. I came to EFU almost 6 years ago (very young; a bit too young I'd say) and it had a profound impact on me. I want to say thank you to DMs and players alike. EFU offered an avenue to meet friends, discuss storytelling, and improve my knowledge on a wide variety of subjects. It has changed the way I think of writing and of game design. It makes me smile that I could be part of such a unique community. Nowhere else in the world will you find not just a game, but a community like EFU. Now I am within a few years of finishing college with a degree in communication and computer development, I think back to my first days here and a young stuck up attitude. Wow have I grown since then.

I have not been active in the past year and will not be coming back to EFU because there is so much that I seek to do RL. I am a part of the International Game Developer's Conference, am working to put my first title on the market this summer, balancing school, and working to fund my everyday needs. I do believe that without having played and put time into EFU that my future would be quite different. That I might have gone towards something I did not like or go into a less niche job field. I am happy to be studying electronic media and working towards a role in management and design in future companies.

I don't have special thanks for any individual because each of you made an impact on me in some way. So thank you EFU. If you would like to connect with me outside of EFU send me a PM and I can give you my email.

May there by merry roads ahead for you all :)
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

grumpy

Cheers Kinnny,

I hope that at some point in your life when you have achieved some ambitions and have some spare time that you will roll up a PC, but that's just me being selfish. Life > EFU, although I can't quite say I prioritize things that way >_>.

May your efforts bear fruit.

-gracken

Pup

Werd. I SOOOO wish you the best.  Rock the world, my friend.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Pandip

Good luck in everything you do! Rock it out in the real world.