Need Help whit NWN, please

Started by Wolfgangvondi, June 16, 2014, 02:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfgangvondi

Hi there,

Fist of all, sorry for my English. Is not for nothing that must of my chars are half-orcs.

Anyway, some of you may remember me in my Last Char, (Half Orc) Groum.
I haven't play since that char. So i have been "gone" almost an year i think... Now i got another Half orc called Grush (I am very original i know)... But this time i am having an very hard time to Play in EFU Server. The Nwn Game just keeps on crashing, specially, when something interesting is going on...

Like today, there's an DM event... and i already crashed like 10-15 Times in an row. Must of the times, i crash when the loading of the Place/Area is not yet done.

Other times i can play for like 1hr whit out any crashes.
I must say that, since i remenber... Nwn allways crashed on me, from time to time. but was something that would happen rarely and so, din't really mater or bother me.

But now, since i have come back... it does starts to look like that i am not gonna be able to enjoy this wonderful game in the great community that is EFU.

Does some was experienced something like it? Any advice?

I Have all the files that are in the beginners post. and ofc the NWN version is up to date to 1.69... also got the 2 expansions, and the kingmaker module too.

Also already add in the  nwplayer.iniadd the line under [Game Options]
"Client CPU Affinity=1"

I got the nwmain.exe running whit administrator privilege and compatibility mode of win xp sp3.

I am on Win7 64bits. My Pc is an Intel 5i. My GPU is an AMD 7870 xt running whit the catalyst version of 14.4.

I already tried lowering and switching off all effect in Nwn graphics options. and i am now running in 16 Mb texture compatibility mode. Sound is also in compatibility mode.

Can someone please help me?

thanks

Knight Of Pentacles

Reinstall the EFU launcher and make sure you're using the new one.  If that doesn't work, delete all your EFU haks and such and then use the launcher to redownload them.  Something similar happened to me until I played around with it.

Mass Transit

Running NWN in compatability mode can solve alot of problems too. Right click NWN, properties, compatability. I personally use Windows XP service pack 3.

Paha

Make sure sound is run on the basic 2d mode and not dolby or anything such.

CPU affinity -1 or -2 is what you want, I can't remember which one is properly setting it to 1 processor, which one enables all. I just run it on -2 and I think that may allow all cores, which I can use fine.

Wolfgangvondi

Hi all,
Thanks for the reply's.

Yesterday i download the EFU launcher. all the files are checked and consider up-to-date. So, i think we can rule that as being the prbl.

The Nwn is already in compatibility mode for winxp sp3.

About the sound.. never thought about that... just disable the sound. Gona try to play several times during the day, and see if now Nwn is more stable.. if its.. them must be something in the sound.

I was thinking that was some conflict between the graphic technology... but can be the sound part too.

btw i got an log in the nwn archive, called: AR_ERROR.LOG inside it reads:
"Names Differ: crp_coins04 crp_coin_sp01"

thats all for now. thanks again for your reply's.

Paha

What ever it is, it sounds like it's on your end one way or another. I've ran nwn with many 7000 range AMD graphics, atm. newer 290x and couple last generation Nvidia ones. Never had any issues myself.