Good NWN1 Modules

Started by wundyweiss, December 26, 2014, 07:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundyweiss

Hey all

I never really got into NWN1 during its prime, and no doubt I missed a lot of unique / interesting content that was being pumped out, but of late I find myself delving into the internet to find modules that are considered 'good' in delivering a good story and keeping my interest as it goes along. I've played through shadowlord / dreamcatcher and thought they were alright, and I'm currently playing darkness over daggerford, which is decent.

I'd like to see what else I missed, so if you have that one well-remembered module at the back of your head, tell me about it. Also, I guess this could be a general NWN1 module talk thread too, for nostalgic purposes.

Heart Of Oak

Have a look for one called "The Prophet".

It's quite large to download but it's well worth it.

Works great with a group of players too and I believe it has options to play with a DM.

Great fun.

Grotesque

The HeX Coda if you are into sci-fi adaptations in NWN.

Pigadig

The Aielund Saga if you want to get your heroics on. Otherwise there's that necromancer mystery module that I've forgotten the name of that was very nifty and had some fun mechanics.

Dillusionist

Prophet is wonderful. I played it on singleplayer because NWN dialogs are a little hard to follow in groups. Its a bit lengthy (three parts plus a prologue) but the world is richly detailed and the story fantastic and laced with meaningful choices.

The Cave of Songs and Honor Among Thieves are made by the same author and loosely tied to it.

Also check out Almraiven and its sequel Shadewood. They're more adventure games than RPGs, and mage-only, but are loaded with puzzles, interesting dialog, and do a great job of allowing you to feel like an adventuring wizard (rather than a fighter who throws fireballs).

CollegeDropout

Spiffy Has

wundyweiss

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I've picked up Prophet and have been playing it all day/night, it's quite the story. Keep 'em comin!

Spiffy Has

A Dance with Rogues 1/2

Adhesive

Quote from: Spiffy Has;420120A Dance with Rogues 1/2

Noooooooo

WriterX

Quote from: Adhesive;420134Noooooooo

It was bound to come up.

Nuclear Catastrophe

Quote from: wundyweiss;420060Hey all

I never really got into NWN1 during its prime, and no doubt I missed a lot of unique / interesting content that was being pumped out, but of late I find myself delving into the internet to find modules that are considered 'good' in delivering a good story and keeping my interest as it goes along. I've played through shadowlord / dreamcatcher and thought they were alright, and I'm currently playing darkness over daggerford, which is decent.

I'd like to see what else I missed, so if you have that one well-remembered module at the back of your head, tell me about it. Also, I guess this could be a general NWN1 module talk thread too, for nostalgic purposes.

The single best module I ever played for NwN1 was called "Honor among Thieves".

Play it before you play anything else, if you like EfU you will like it.  It's "rogue only" but because of the stupid vanilla mechanics of NwN that's no bad thing - (LOL Isaacs missile storm) and if you invest in a few stealth feats you have everything you need to complete the game.

Unethical

HoT is preeeetty good. As far as rogue-types go, Book of Shadowe is top tier as well.

My alltime favourite is Almraiven, though. Fester really outdid himself there in terms of sheer atmosphere. It's got one hell of a PnP feel to it.