Simon Maccabee - I'M NOT A SELLOUT DAMNIT

Started by TsunamiWombat, June 24, 2018, 01:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsunamiWombat

Simon was a weird character. I conceived him while at work watching DM shouts about the Spellguard abandoning Sanctuary. The whole event got me hyped to play someone who was just, super pissed off at the Spellguard and out for blood. Because I intended them to just be a temporary character and stir up shit, it would be ok to deep dive into PVP recklessly.

Didn't quite work out that way.

After some initial successes (got a contract put on my head, got in some street brawls), the one thing I hadn't counted on happened: Someone in the Spellguard sat down with Simon and said "yeah, we're terrible. But think about your choices."

That someone was Stranger's Basil Sovalye, and Basil was also a Sanctuarian native like Simon, and had a history tied up in the Work-mill Revolt like Simon. He was basically the one person who could talk to Simon about his pain and he'd listen. So after a lot of frustration, soul searching, and being more or less convinced that Thervion was just using the whole affair as a way to try and steal the Commanders position (turned out to be prophetic!), Simon decided to flip and join the Spellguard. This was really, really hard for him. Ego crushing. Soul destroying. It felt like betraying his family and everything he stood for. The world though, didn't really pause to care.

I thought it was an interesting idea, letting IC events totally change my planned trajectory. On the other hand, the character never accomplished much; partially due to my playtime's severely hampering my attempts to get killed. I don't have many screenshots, but here what I do got.

Simon never got any loot, and he used the same shitty hammer from char gen to death.
[hide=Portrait]
[/hide]
[hide=Beginnings]
[/hide]
[hide=Fun with Illusions - remember, Simon was born in the Underdark]

-
[/hide]
[hide=Dead]

-

-
[/hide]

Bearic

Always nice to see a pc driven to aggravate people into making a choice.  A good side-switch for in-character reasoning is great too!

Ziya