Kirk Wenceslas

Started by Painters, January 14, 2018, 05:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painters

Kirk was a wild ride from start to finish. I never had played on a NWN server as complex and interesting as Escape from the Underdark and diving in with Kirk was a really incredible time. He started as a humble mercenary from the surface with a fear of the stars and quiet desire to do good.

His story was shaped by his encounters with smiling werewolves, Frienimie sergeants, cyric duelists, star enthralled companions, passionate poets, shadowy agents, and, angels.

His adventures would take him through the very multiverse as much as they did on the prime.

His foes ranged from the spellguard to the very demons (devils) of the hells.

He went through a lot and saw a lot. He was my crude attempt at playing a noble duelist knight. I had a lot of screen shots and have shared them through my time playing on the forums and on irc. But I lost the original copies so you might have better luck finding them in other places than getting them from me.

A few images of special items

This was a suit of armour Kirk got after taking care of his charges for a long time. Kirk's primary goal was always to take care of the weak and downtrodden.

This was a shell Milly found on the surface. Given to Kirk to help him better protect his charges and not die so much. My early days on the serve were plagued with a lot.. lot.. lot.. of death. This shield helped Kirk hang in there and pushed him over the edge in to being able to survive a thing or two.

Kirk got this from a generous companion in a dice game he played with a king of Roachmen. Kirk would bare the scar he got from being stabbed through by a heroic worminger in his defense of the roach king for the rest of his days. A grim reminder that there was always something stronger than him out there.

Kirk made a lot of stupid choices that were heavily against his own survival. This one was one that I swore was going to be the end of him. He bet his soul to save a handful of other souls and lost to a devil diceman. But a brave half ling stepped up and against all odds managed to save Kirk's soul and that of the many others that had been taken by the demon(devil). These socks were knit for both the brave hero halfling and Kirk. They were a really fun part of his regalia that I had a whole lot of fun emoting.

Kirk once rescued a 'baby' from the grip of the shadow market. When he tried to free the baby from it's stoney prison it erupted in to a gem instead of a small child. To his surprise it turned in to a rather important gem to drow nobility and a brutal fight with a drow assassin would put him on the edges of death as he fought to protect his Silverlights.

Kirk always tried to give all his money to the Silverlights. He kept a little bit for food and to buy things to help others. But he just donated the rest. This was him donating his final coin.

Liberating the lake monster was hard adventure and almost cost a lot of lives getting in. Here a nature ritual was being undertaken that had some slightly evil undertones.

Working with angels isn't always sparkles. Kirk learns that even the most noble causes can have a dark side.

Telling the truth is hard for anyone but Kirk. He didn't deal with cloak and shadow. When the chance to be put in a truth orb with his nemesis came up? He couldn't resist. 

Kirk saw a lot of people get oozed. This portal man made a great statue and a very memorable screen shot.

Kirk always made sure that if you did a good job you got good pay. This is after a bunch of people came to his aid to kill a Minotaur demon(ghost).

Kirk stood in a lot of meetings. A lot.. of.. meetings..

One can only know oneself when one faces oneself. Kirk would fight his doppelganger many times. In the shadows, in mirror mazes, and, in ethical conflicts.

Kirk looked for an easel for his friend the Pale Roach for a long time. It never happened but Kirk would like to think that the Pale Roach respect his effort.

Sometimes the dread get in to the heart of Sanctuary? But no one fear when Kirk is on the job. When every one else is stuck he'll be the only one swinging. Sometimes it was all that was needed.

Kirk didn't go to the sandy tombs very often. His visits were plagued with brutal fights that would lead to him being the last one standing holding on to life by the hair on his head or being blasted back by the evil lich. Once he was aided by the power of the noon night moon. After Kirk defeated him he never returned to that place.

Kirk stared a fathomless horror in the face. This creature would cause a man to dissolve in to mist in horrible understanding and make two other silverlights go utterly insane. Kirk would never be truly scared again after that. Always thinking that the lady of the moon let him keep his mind to be a martyr another time.

There are so many great stories to share about interactions and the path he took but if I wrote them all down it would take hours. Thank you for letting me be a part of your story and I hope I can do it again on my next character.

Kinslayer988

He was a fun PC and a great start to the server. Despite various setbacks, you pushed forward! Well done
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

SkagHunter

Amazing PC, the Rivalry between Bakyr and Kirk had to be my favorite, from the day 3 pvp, to the epic battle at the end. Amazing character!

Silvermoon_Dervish

Yip yip

crestfallen

Wench

I'll always miss Kreg, Kreck, Greg, Krag-
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Pup

A great char, particularly considering he was your first foray into EfU!  Look forward to your next!
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals