Alejandro Benjazar

Started by Lannister, December 05, 2023, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

QuoteBeloved Alejandro,

I need your help, please come back to the Balladeers.

Come back home.

Aurelio

Don Nadie

[A response eventually arrives.]

Aurelio, my friend,

Even in so short a missive, I can feel your distress. I imagine that there is some troublesome issue in the College - be it with the Rossa, the Mission, or the many traps and terrors of politics. I will be happy to speak, listen, and help in whatever way I may.

I would be lying, however, if I pretended that my return is truly an option. Not at this moment.

I would be able to excuse myself here, claim that none of our superiors would take me back, that I can only presume many of your colleagues would be against my rejoining... But the most honest explanation is that I am, quite simply, no longer the person who joined, long before your arrival at the Well. I do not feel I can serve the Quest wholeheartedly, with the sincerity with which I once dedicated myself to it. And while one may be an unenthusiastic mercenary or Jannisary, one shouldn't be an insincere Balladeer.

I am sorry. I know this is not what you hoped to read.

Let us speak some more, however. Just because I do not feel I can carry the Rose doesn't mean I cannot be of aid in some way or another.

Yours,

Alejandro