A Meme and a Dream

Started by Random_White_Guy, August 30, 2019, 04:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Sometimes I come up with concepts in a flash of lightning. Sometimes they take time to cultivate.

For proof here's a log of proof from Discord, during the winding down of EFUR on 12/16/2018

Quote1:49 AM] [1:49 AM] Vlaid: Maybe finding Dinglebar's demon name and using it to summon and bind him to you for kicks
[1:49 AM] Vlaid: I'm not sure if he would be in it even but that would be funny
[1:49 AM] RwG: Hah!
[1:49 AM] RwG: Hahah
[1:49 AM] RwG: Oh my god that's awesome
[1:49 AM] RwG: Even if not black mantle worthy, that'd be legit funny
[2:10 AM] RwG: I actually have a hilarious concept I want to try next
[2:10 AM] RwG: For a monk/wizard
[2:10 AM] RwG: DBZ style
[2:10 AM] RwG: I crunched the numbers and ran the build a few times and I think I cracked it to work, and it will be hilarious

Over the next few months I revisited the concept many times fine tuning and adjusting it.

At one time it was a dwarf with more monastic focus than wizard focus, at one time it was an elven No-Perk sorceror, before eventually settling on Spellblade.

Then EFUR presented the missing piece.

QuoteThe Renunciation

Located in a distant monastery along the great sludge-canal of Ring 98, the mystery cult of the "Monastery of the Candid Hemlock" has become a new and bustling site of pilgrimage for the followers of a new path simply described as, 'The Renunciation.'

According to the followers of this faith, existence - which they call "The Razor Web" - is a state of profound and continuous suffering that mortal selves find themselves entangled in.

So what is the solution? To kill oneself? No, the Monastery claims they know of a better way to escape suffering, one which also helps others and therefore is altruistic. They claim they have received the answer to this existential conundrum from a prophet centuries ago, and ever since then they have been the guardians and practitioners of this wisdom – a teaching that has the potential to save the entire world from suffering.

Slowly, in increasing numbers, pilgrims have begun to try to find their way to this Monastery to learn about their path...

The end result was the following:

Pushing myself to suffer and take risks, even at low levels rushing ahead of my party never doing any "Luring" or etc but being on the front lines as a level 3 and 4 Sorceror, a GREAT MANY PCs thought I was a monk early on which was super fun to watch their reaction once I began flinging Fireballs.

Spellblade Sorceror (On hit: Magical burst for unarmed strike effects just fun anime style damage later growing into more combat abilities)
Level 1 spells: Magic Missle for Ki Blasts
Level 3 Spells: Displacement for After Image, Fireball for Kamehameha
Level 4 Spells: Polymorph Self, All four Elemental Polymorphs.

None of the usual Spellbalde "Two hander + True Strike + KD + Imp Invis + Globe"

The pursuit of killing myself Four times in customized lethal thematic challenges, each challenge leading to a higher "Tier" of his PC training and a new elemental focus, and also his personal quest for strength and enlightenment to find his fullest limits.

Also if a Feast ever arose he would pursue the Sorcerous blood robes of suffering and sacrifice, because the Renunciation demands it.

And well. The Robes of the HIGH MELQART made an appearance today unfortunately.

A wild ride, with tons of fun.

(Also I burned down Cloud 99. DOWN WITH MERCHANTS GUILD! STONEBUILDERS ROOL!!!!)

Screenos
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

cmenden

Fantastic PC!

Oh yeah, and thank you for lending your likeness to the Suicide Rahim Cinematic Universe

Grouch

Only fix fingered primordial giants can have that robe.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Sankis