Hosan Abtahi’s Sun-bleached and Ashy Journal

Started by DFL, May 08, 2024, 05:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFL

Date: Maribeh 8th, IY7788 Ashy

For the past tenday, I have spent time within the Temple of B'aara.  The Scorch, booze, and tavern wenches can no longer keep my mind numb.  The nightmares and restless nights are consistent now.  Each time, I can see Marleia's face.  Her anguish.  Her fear. It is unbearable.

During a recent visit to the Temple of B'aara, a Waterbearer within overheard me praying.  After my prayers concluded, she said that keeping a journal in addition to my prayers would help. 

This day, I wandered into the Sandwastes with Janissary Milhaly Feher and Wizard Arymathras.  We explored a forgotten town, nearly consumed by the sands.  We did all we could to find any survivors.  There was nothing.  There hasn't been life there is a long time.  The Ash Revenants wandered and viciously hungered by the hundreds.  I pray with all my heart, Marleia's fate is not this. 

I will set out again tomorrow.

DFL

Date: Maribeh 9th, IY7788

This eve, I ventured south as far as my feet and weather conditions would allow.  Along the way, I was confronted by a crazed man with a vicious blade.  He directed to me that I would provide my last waterskin.  In turn of my life and waterskin, he would share succulent words of Pra'Raj.  Before he started his sermon, he raised high the waterskin and swallowed back much of the Mother's sacrifice.  I was quick enough with my offhand kurki to slick through his neck to allow the Mother's gift to return to her bosom.  The zealot died in a mixture of laughter, choaking, and gleam.  I was left pondering who this man was before the nothing came?  Before staring at the sun and thirst made him so crazed? 

I then wandered west.  Deep within the Outskirts of the High Road.  I saw nothing in signs of Bedouins or Nothing survivors.  I was beset upon by two dozen vicious desert goblins.  After sharing blades, I left the corpses behind in the sands.  For the worms and vultures. 

Tomorrow, it shall be a new day.  Perhaps east towards the rising sun.