Burmala Ni Diomasaigh Maliere

Started by Empress of Neon, March 30, 2019, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empress of Neon

Due to ic circumstances, Burmala is no longer among the living :( She has thus far been my longest running character on the server and was a delight to play. Don't have too many screenies, but she had quite the ride!

Burmala was a character who was constantly straddling between doing the right thing and trying to do what she thought was best for the greater good. She was the kind of girl who'd dish out charity, then immediately regret it later for making the beggar continuously being dependent. Someone who was torn between the approval of others and the want for acceptance by less-than-benevolent folk who'm she cared deeply for. She was a woman who strongly believed that right made right and that loyalty was the most important virtue one could have.

She had plenty of social skill impairments that made something of a feedback loop with her sense of sense-worth. She was a bookworm, but really felt at home in the fields of battle where she knew she could actually earn laurels. Something she could truly be proud of; more importantly, others. She was also a noble-born who had a very old-school, cemented idea that it is the nobility's only duty (and reason for existing at all) to protect the land and maintain order for society.

She had her aspirations, despite her lack of confidence. But as is often the case, immediate circumstances dictated she abandon them. Her story was deeply tied to her sister Siobhan's; one that would eventually lead to a monumental change in her development as a character that quickly spiraled out of control into her ultimate demise.

And now, some screenies.

[hide]Fresh from the canals.

Mending the bridge between merchant and peer.

Sisters reunited.

Might makes right.

The Crimson Knight.

The Explorer.

The Hordeslayer.

The Shy,

The Lady,
[/hide]

Poolson

Oh no!

Burmala was a warm gem. I'm sorry to see her go.

Godspeed. o7

Frank

Aw,  I'm sorry to see her go. She was a really interesting character to talk to, with her ups and downs. Her struggle to be a leader despite physical and mental hindrances, pushed forward by a good heart, made for some wonderfully deep conversations. You did a fantastic job playing her- especially right at the end, when she had her false charisma! I look forward to a new character played by you, but I'll definitely miss Burmala. :(

Fiverine

Taharqa will miss Burmala dearly.  And probably lose his mind now  ;D
After the battle is over
And the sands have drunken the blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion

Aethereal

Good show. Very good show.

It was nice to see two sides of the character, the second side seemingly not lasting very long. The dinner scene was an awesome bit of RP too, kudos!

(Oh and I did enjoy reading Burmala's journal)
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Scrappa-yeti

You have been on a hot run of characters. I hope your return is sooner rather than later.