Spells Suggestions Thread

Started by Tala, December 03, 2016, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arr

Living Oak (Druid Spell 2)

Imbue a club or quarterstaff with latent ley energy.

+1 AB, +1 positive damage for one turn per level. 

Bearic

Quote from: zDark Shadowz on April 28, 2018, 06:42:41 PM
Is it possible to apply the trolls' subdual damage script unless hit by fire/acid effect, to a player to survive being killed by a monster?

I was looking over Monstrous Regeneration and how little it actually heals over time, especially when cast from an item, and found this link for the 3.0  version of the spell. http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/magic-of-faerun--20/monstrous-regeneration--1618/

Particularly [Attacks against the creature except fire and acid inflict subdual damage instead of lethal damage.]

If the spell could be modified like this so it can be used to give people a chance from outright dying in a dire situation, (and it won't last all that long) then this spell will have an interesting use instead of just 9 or 12 points total of healing over 3-4 rounds.

It's modified in efu to last 1/2 turn per level of the spell, instead of rounds. It lasts much longer than vanilla and can already save you from dying in similar fashion.

RedMoney

Changes - Shelgarn's Persistent Blade spell spawns with arrows, bolts, or bullets so animated bows can be a thing

New Spell: Shelgarn's Determined Blade - Level 3 Sorc/Wiz

As Shelgarn's Persistent Blade, but with  better bab, stats, feats, DR, elemental resistances, etc (add in cleave, knockdown, called shot, point blank)

New Spell: Shelgarn's Relentless Blade- Level 5 Sorc/Wiz

As above, but even beefier! Add in imp crit, rapid shot, power attack, great cleave, etc.

cmenden

Disguise Self

EFU implementation:
Target a PC to turn into them! (you keep your name, you just borrow their model for the duration)
Wacky cases of mistaken identity ensue!

Enlarge Person and Reduce Person

EFU Implementation:
With the model size change capabilities, this one seems like it'd be great: +50% for Enlarge, and -50% for Reduce along with accompanying bonuses and penalties for the size change!

Empress of Neon

While animatrons are certainly far too advanced for conventional knowledge in the arcana, traditional 'golems' certainly are not.
The process is simple; make the body (material matters) in quesiton, infuse an earth elemental and wallah! You has a golem.
The benefits (besides being awesome) revolve primarily on the fact that it's not a fleeting summon (indeed, we can make comparisons to the same benefits one would expect from animated undead; persistency).
As such, I would LOVE to see some transmutation spells that give wizards/sorcerors the option of creating these lovely abominations :3 Perhaps something reflective of animate undead, but a transmute-golem flavor instead? It'd also go without saying that they'd eat up summoning points like nobody's bidness. Full list of options here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Golem

I love cats

Quote from: Empress of Neon on August 09, 2018, 05:10:56 AM
While animatrons are certainly far too advanced for conventional knowledge in the arcana, traditional 'golems' certainly are not.
The process is simple; make the body (material matters) in quesiton, infuse an earth elemental and wallah! You has a golem.
The benefits (besides being awesome) revolve primarily on the fact that it's not a fleeting summon (indeed, we can make comparisons to the same benefits one would expect from animated undead; persistency).
As such, I would LOVE to see some transmutation spells that give wizards/sorcerors the option of creating these lovely abominations :3 Perhaps something reflective of animate undead, but a transmute-golem flavor instead? It'd also go without saying that they'd eat up summoning points like nobody's bidness. Full list of options here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Golem

I"m all  for a system to create golems  however in my opinion they should be expensive and costly and cost gold, require succesful checks ETC.

ByVraccas

So, after hearing a fair amount of griping about how 6 ranger / 4 X is a lazy multi-class route a day or two ago, I've been thinking about ways to make remaining pure, or at least 8 levels invested the ranger class more worthwhile. Currently, there are two benefits for staying as a ranger past level 6. Second tier spells, and Improved two weapon fighting.

If you're not using two weapons, level 9 of ranger is a waste.

If you are not looking for one with the land  / cats grace, level 8 of ranger is a waste.

My suggestion is to add more second tier spells for rangers, from the following list:

1. Barkskin - This is incredibly useful, and very easy to implement. (Literally changing one number.)

2. Protection from Poison - As soon as the custom spells are re-implemented, this would help Rangers with some utility.

3. Shillelagh - similar to flame weapon, adding 1d6 bludgeoning damage to the selected melee weapon. I THINK it should only effect quarterstaff / Clubs, but would make those weapons significantly more powerful, if with investment.

Those are a few that appear in 1st through 5th addition D&D for the ranger in the 2nd circle. I would LIKE to add something like "Lesser Blade Thirst", for a +2 enhancement bonus to selected melee weapon, but that might be blurring the lines between classes.

Thoughts?

Sem

Change inflict minor wounds to 1d4 negative damage.

derkot

To wizards who picked abjuration school specialization it will be nice have a bit increased duration of shield spell.
Радостное одиночество.

Stranger

Horizikaul's Boom could use a facelift, like Ice Dagger has received. Perhaps an additional Fortitude save to resist being dazed, with GSF: Evocation?

Gedlee's Electric Loop is weaker than Combust as it is, but I would say that its greatest issue is the extreme danger in using it in close quarters (on top of its already limited range). I would like this spell to only target enemies, like the Slow spell does.

wundyboy

DIVINATION SPELLS

FUTURE'S PAIN

DC is fine, KD could use a bit of an improvement. Maybe instead of KD, 1d4 stun, but still uses a fortitude save to apply it? I don't know if that's possible. Also I believe the damage could use a little buff. Something to consider with Future's Pain is that it's a level 4 spell that only affects a single target.

Current implementation
Spell focus Divination - adds 1d4 damage
Greater Spell Focus Divination - adds the knockdown effect on fail save

Suggestion
Spell focus Divination - adds 1d4 damage
Greater Spell Focus Divination - adds 1d4 stun effect on a failed save
School Focus Divination - adds 1d4 damage

INSIGHT

I like this spell, but I think the current spell level is too high. A rogue with examine mark is comparable or better. I have two suggestions essentially - keep it as it is right now, but lower the circle level to level two, or increase the amount of information provided from the spell.

Current implementation
CIRCLE FOUR INSIGHT
Reveals weight and gold about the select single target.

Suggestions
CIRCLE TWO INSIGHT
Reveals weight and gold about the selected single target.

OR

CIRCLE FOUR INSIGHT
Reveals information about the characters weight in their pack, and gold.

Spell Focus Divination - Reveals information about the character's race and age
Greater Spell Focus Divination - Reveals information about the character's HIGHEST level class (but not the EXACT level of the class) and current hit points

ENCHANTMENT

HEROISM
Awesome spell. I loved it in NWN2 and 3.5e in general. I only have a single suggestion about it.

Current Implementation
1/round level
Gives the target +2 ab for 1round /level

Suggestion
Greater Spell Focus Enchantment - Increases the duration to 2 rounds / level

Twilight

Arcane 2nd Circle has a GREAT Fire spell (Combust), a lesser Fire spell (Scorching Ray), a decent Acid attack (Melf's Acid Arrow), and the trash-tier ELECTRIC LOOP. However.... it's sorely missing Ice. THEREFORE:

Snilloc's Snowball Swarm
(Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting)

Evocation [Cold]
Level: Sorcerer 2, Wizard 2, Blightbringer 2,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: Yes

A flurry of magic snowballs erupts from a point you select.
The swarm of snowballs deals 2d6 points of cold damage to creatures and objects within the burst.
For every two caster levels beyond 3rd, the snowballs deal an extra die of damage, to a maximum of 5d6 at 9th level or higher.
Material Component: A piece of ice or a small white rock chip.

For ease of implementation, could use existing 3rd Circle's Icy Burst spell and downscale the damage.

Knight Of Pentacles

DETECT MAGIC

LEVEL
1st

CASTING TIME
1 Action

RANGE/AREA
Target/Medium

COMPONENTS
V, S

DURATION
Instant

SCHOOL
Divination

ATTACK/SAVE
None

DAMAGE/EFFECT
Detection

DESCRIPTION
You sense the presence of magic upon a target and divine which incantations have been levied upon it.    Tells the caster which spells are placed upon the target and the target's armor and weapons.
GSF Divination:  You sense which spells the target is capable of casting. 

MARK

LEVEL
2nd

CASTING TIME
1 Action

RANGE/AREA
Large

COMPONENTS
V

DURATION
Round per level

SCHOOL
Divination

ATTACK/SAVE
Will

DAMAGE/EFFECT
Mallus

DESCRIPTION
You expose the target's soul and leave it vulnerable to malign spiritual energies.  The target becomes more vulnerable to magical, divine, positive, and negative energy types. 

Targets takes 5% damage vulnerability to magical, divine, positive, and negative type damage. 

SF: Divination - Duration doubles to 2r/lvl
GSF: Divination - 10% damage vulnerability, no save

Hollow_Mage

Aid should work like Bless, but better. Change my mind.

Right now, the only difference is that Aid trades area-of-effect for d8 temporary hit points.

How about giving Aid an area-of-effect, if the caster has GSF: Enchantment?

Soros Machine

Horizikaul's Melody - Evocation - Bard  Cantrip (Level 0)

The bard uses their chosen instrument to release a chord of sonic magic at a target.   

The bard must have a musical instrument equipped.
Deals 1d4+1 sonic damage at medium range to a single target.