[Ashley Embersight's Pumpkin Scented Obit Thread]

Started by Anonymous Lemur, December 19, 2019, 06:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous Lemur

People keep asking me to make one of these even though I'm not very good at keeping screenshots. Ashley Embersight was my attempt at bringing the deity Yevathax's lore to the forefront where everyone could see it. As he really hadn't been given much attention by the playerbase at large despite making appearances frequently. Though my character could control undead, she never animated it and was much more suited to destroying it. For much of my time with her selling potions and preaching she only had access to level 3 spells. Though eventually Yevathax took notice and one of the pumpkins in her garden exploded leaving her pumpkin scepter behind.

She was designed mechanically to fulfill a more supporting role, from a roleplaying perspective my aim was for her to be an antagonist towards arbiters, paladins, faithless and necromancers who did not offer prayers to Yevathax. Beyond her two very scary level five spell slots, she wasn't actually very strong.  Constantly encumbered by 40lbs due to her low strength score and heavy full plate and relied entirely upon bulls strength to move around. Oh she was also vulnerable to piercing damage, which is thematic for things related to Yevathax!

I'm not sure I could recommend cleric to anyone from a mechanical perspective, but I did enjoy the roleplay thoroughly and would definitely recommend that folks take a look at the underrepresented small-gods available to them. There are fleeting opportunities to establish and flesh out their respective dogma. Don't waste them!

[Hide=Character Sheet][/hide]

[Hide=Relic Weapon]

It also had Arcane Defence: Necromancy and granted up to level 5 spells.[/hide]

[Hide=A scarecrow I crafted from Cedric Fulmar's remains]

You've all probably seen this before, but I'm not very good at taking screenshots in the heat of the action.[/hide]

Bio

i am a god

Cat

The aesthetic of Ashley was one of my favorites ever to see. I really enjoyed being able to change my perspective of her and her God after spending time with her, and she did a lot to show for Yevethax.

Arc

Literal embodiment of Yevathax, it'll be a long time before anyone's got the balls to try to follow that act.

:jack_o_lantern:

Wakefield

I certainly enjoyed every interaction with Ashley. She was an excellent character and made the setting feel more real by humanizing the fantastical. Great work! I'm eager to play with another of your characters.  :)

Random_White_Guy

It was unfortunate we were never really able to meet due to the IC shit going on but it was really fun to finally have someone I could pass off some property to and for the Willow Ways to get some foot traffic with such a controversial PC.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Astegard

Great PC, I also loved the armor coloring you  had going on.

crestfallen

Holy_Rage

If lore-defining is still a thing, then it will be tough to think of a more influential Yevethaxian. Kudos to a character who took a wiki paragraph on a Small God and brought him to the spotlight with speed and gusto.
Current PC: Nardic

granny

Embersight was a delight to have around. She being so ambiguous added to the mystery of the Pumpkin faith. For some times we would think she was one thing, the other day another one completely different.

Great job! I can't wait to see more!

MAGIC

I loved all my interactions with Ashley as well as the interesting portrayal of Yevethax and the undead (husks, soul binding) that you presented.

Aethereal

Having witnessed Ashley destroy Cedric, I suspected the next Arbiter would suffer the same fate! I was looking forward to the meeting discussing the prophecy, alas, it never came to be.

Great stuff exploring and expanding upon the lore!
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.