Morgan Vaughn

Started by Loops, October 27, 2019, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Morgan was fun while she lasted. She went from a woman taking every miserable day as it comes, to someone who wanted to try and find real meaning in her life.

Her journey started when she was hired by an Orza wizard called DYNAMUS to hide the evidence of a murder he committed. This turned out to be the stuff that belonged to my previous character, who had died earlier that day...

... Naturally, she got her brother in on the game, since DYNAMUS paid a lot.

At this time, Morgan was deeply lost and didn't know what to do with herself. She could barely remember her life before, despite waking up with a wedding ring on her hand and the most fleeting memories, missing a family she didn't know anymore. She was floating along from one paying job to another. Joining Orza, she ended up serving who-ever in the house was highest rank, or paid her, or both. This brought her under the command of the veteran Siobhan Diomasaigh, when Siobhan killed the wizard who hired her.

Morgan was insufferable, frequently refusing orders or threatening to break Siobhan's intrigues because Siobhan couldn't afford to pay her enough. There were a lot of hushed arguments. Morgan's brother, Morgan, was often the voice of reason for her, tempering her greed with lateral thinking.

Unfortunately, her careless lifestyle and criminal techniques caught up with her - Siobhan got herself killed trying to get revenge on Maximillian Orza for something Morgan would never understand. She didn't pay enough attention. What did get her attention, though, was when the next in line, a man called Sargon, demanded Morgan and her brother make a choice.

He asked them to choose who would die, for their supposed 'loyalty' to Siobhan. Morgan threw down her sword for her brother and demanded he take her. Sargon responded by killing her brother.

That was the start of a journey for Morgan. She spent a few weeks in a daze, just blindly following orders, not sure what to do with herself. She started finding an identity running shallow rings for the Royal Huntsmaster and hunting changelings and big game. Her time as a retainer and her reflections upon her lifestyle, how that may have cost her brother's life, caused Morgan to make some changes. She met a sorcerer called Sherran who wanted to escape Ninety Nine and move into deeper rings. That sorcerer met a horrible end, transformed then executed, despite Morgan's best efforts to save her.

A feud with a Changeling cost her an eye. Time walking besides a paladin gave her some appreciation for idealism. The Sibilant invasion made her get some perspective. All the while, Orza was drumming into her a certain level of discipline.

It culminated with a Morgan torn in two. She made a promise to Annie Ashe that she'd help her in the Rings, if she could ever get out there. She made a promise to Merry Winespill that she'd help protect Ninety Nine, because her family was here.

In the last week she went big, fighting the obvious threats to people in the commons and hunting  certain individuals on behalf of Kristoff Orza. Morgan had a lot more success with this than I expected. Morgan felt it was mostly luck but if she could get people to look at her and listen, maybe she could use her victories to get them to work together against the bigger problems they all faced.

Unfortunately, her attempts to inspire people made her a target, and she took a duel that she knew she couldn't win, but that she also couldn't refuse. A good friend, Shan, tried to step in to save her and Morgan again demanded she be killed instead of him. This time, she got what she asked for.

I had a dream that if Morgan lasted a full year, I'd try and make the full transition from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Good in that time. Unfortunately she only made it as far as Chaotic Neutral.

BUT now she dead. Let's post some loot.

[hide]

Her cloak

Her armour

Her knife

Her greatest trophy

[/hide]

Bye Morgan

Autarch

Bye Morgan.

As the better half of this sibling duo, I took screenshots.

[hide=Random Screenshots] Where it all began:

Where it started getting confusing:

Nice work, boss.

Shameful family secrets revealed:

The truth how Loops' other character died, maybe:

Possibly the best exchange to come out of this concept:

Even pre-chonk Morgan was too much:

I'm sad I didn't catch any good close-ups of the Morgan siblings together but I liked this one:

Her brother made the plans, not that it worked out:

Everyone liked her brother better:

One of many great adventures, with Fraudian slips included:

When thugs collide:

Morgan knows magic:

Chonk-statue achieve:

Morgan really knows magic:

Deepest Lore:

Living the life:

I didn't get any good screenshots of this fight:

Throwbacks and memes:

I didn't get any good screenshots of Morgan's biggest mistake in her life either:

I just thought this was a funny exchange:

No fun allowed:

Secret Nephezar Lore revealed:

[/hide]

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

Johnny Rustbucket, Esq.

I like to think that Siobhan and Morgan are sharing a smoke in the afterlife.

granny

Damn! Morgan was a blast! Good to know her tale, as it is deeper than I thought it to be.

Nazey

Wish I had more screenshots of our interactions.  Morgan Vaughn was a fascinating take on the "thug with a heart".  I'm humbled to have played a part in her arc, and grateful for the story we got to share.  In the end, she proved Genovalio wrong, and remained that changed person within Orza.  See you on your next!