Clyde Fenton Gibbensdale

Started by goate, January 21, 2020, 04:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goate

Unbeknowest to him, Clyde earned his keep playing at the odd rural tavern prior to his awakening in ring 100.  Though the memories didn't linger the dissatisfaction did, and Clyde quickly attached himself to a crazy woman on a quixotic quest to become a dragon in a bid for storytelling glory, since that was the only way he would ever be anything of significance.  And what a crazy journey it was.

Clyde was my first serious attempt at a bard, and I went in resolute on RPing that he was in fact producing some sort of music and not just giving everybody AB and damage bonuses.  He was meant to be background noise - a low-stress low-hassle PC to hench for somebody other flavorful PC.  Clyde didn't really make any waves (though he put Velastra into some difficult situations with his carelessness), but in true EFU fashion he ended up being quite a bit less casual than intended.

I had planned on writing far more songs and stories than I ended up doing, partially because I blow at writing songs, and partially because I just felt like spending the time I had doing something else.  Oh well.

[HIDE=The lootz]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=The Rattos]
When Clyde awakened he considered rats to be filthy, disgusting creatures. but they seemed to be drawn to his music; in time he was as mesmerized by them as they were of him.

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Don't be a profligate!]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Hunting a chimera for Errilam and witnessing the miracle of life]

[/SIZE]
[/HIDE]

[HIDE=The Varthan Suit]
The most hallowed of Tears of Blood tradition was the wearing of the Varthan suit, which bestowed upon it's wearer the visual acuity that Varthan lacked and an appearance marginally better than that of Varthan's red thong.  Many had the distinct honor or wearing said suit.

Errilam

Maria

Boar
[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Joining House Velstra]
Clyde followed Velastra into joining House Velstra after some nasty savage elves kidnapped her and threatened to kill her son.  Adrian Winespill gave his prosthetic arm to rescue her and gained her loyalty.  The Tears of Blood never fully trusted elves again.

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=But I thought I was the fat one???]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Two Annettes? Nooooooo]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Hiding from overbearing prima donnas and mad wizards]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Spying on pondscum]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=It's rare for a dragon to find proper bedding]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Anything to get to the next ring]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Boar's cooking was why Clyde was ROBUST]

[/HIDE]

[HIDE=Other strange shit]

[/HIDE]

Last Cold Tome

Clyyyyyyyyyyyyde  :'(

The true protagonist of CoR! Also the PC with the best name.

I don't know what to say, except congratulations on a fantastic PC. Glad to see it looks like he really got to see and do a lot!

Look forward to seeing your next.

Quarterdragon

Velastra always valued him, but never valued him enough (except perhaps when she quit House Nephezar rather than see him removed from her service).  Thank you for sticking with me through nearly a year of chasing a impossible dream, fending off deadly foes, and riding the ups and downs of the rollercoaster that is ringrunning.  The Tears of Blood lost 18 members over the course of our run, but Clyde was there from the first step into Ring 94 to the last step in that horrid place that killed us, including being the last member of the company to fall.  I like to imagine the light that burned in the center of Despair, Writ Small has not gone out, and those brave souls who find it will be comforted by one more merry rendition of Ratta-tat-tat.

Autarch

I liked Clyde.

A long long time ago I took some screenshots for my own amusement but they're relevant to this thread.

[hide]
Once, Clyde was a would-be Slayer of Rats and spread dreadful propaganda about them.

She summoned a rat and Clyde made a promise that I guess he kept in the end.

Rats are an example to us all, really.

[/hide]

Bye Clyde.

Aethereal

Mattermead was Gold.

It was quite fun being frenemies with Clyde, quite fun indeed:

Quote from: A scrap from Aethelwine's journalQue Dee is dead. Dead. So is Clyde. That means no more Mattermead Gold. I feel so bad, I wanted more Mattermead Gold. Can you believe it? I want more. I wanted to know if he got over it, if he finally started seeing me as a real person instead of a 'reality breaking wizard'. Damn you for dying, Clyde. You were the nemesis I was happy to have. Because you made me a better person by showing me the things I did wrong. Like calling you a kobold. Like insulting you without realising. I think, I will do the right thing and write something about you. A tribute.

He'll eventually get an IC tribute, when I get to it.

Good show, Gracken.

[hide=Bonus Screenshot: An Exorcism with Clyde.][/hide]
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Astegard

Great PC, grand legacy
I loved how questing parties and discussions were forming around displacement clones you left in the Open door until people realized they were just illusions.
The sendings regarding the squares unusual visitors were also very funny.
Memorable moments for me.

tspawn35

Want to say it was a blast playing with you and that Clyde was so much fun to be around. I still laugh at the screenshot I have were you made a bed of gold for Velstra to sleep on.

MAGIC

I greatly enjoyed my interactions with Clyde on all of my characters.

Clyde the Food Critic was amazing.

Drink With Me

It is a crime to have never really interacted with Clyde outside of the drinking contest that was so brief. A grand character.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Bio

this was a million years ago now, but i really liked the odd ian/clyde dynamic of me chasing you out of rooms screaming oogabooga and you screaming

good times good character
i am a god