[A letter to Acolyte Narwen.]

Started by Erudiche, November 09, 2023, 06:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erudiche

Acolyte Narwen,

I have been told you are taking a premiere role in organizing our journey to the settlement of Tlonsiyya. Good. This cheers me well.

It is my wish that we exclude, to the greatest extent possible, the League of Gold from proceedings. It was their fellow, Ast Ironbanner, who threw affairs into chaos, and they are most unscrupulous haters of the cause of common good. They are also, nearly to a man, bigoted racists -- Moteism, hatred of the Modini, hatred of the Deep Dwarves, and the like. Non-Gold traders include Don Souk and this Miranda Marlin character, as well as Boops Margo. I ask that a Scribe be brought as well. If I am unable to attend this expedition, please take one of my Magistrates.

Yours,
Domhnall Judicael Guivarch
Legate of the Assembly
First Seat
Redemption! Redemption!

MAGIC

QuoteBeloved Legate Domhnall,

Thank you for the warning! I will ask all potential gold applicants how they feel about gnomes and Moteism. We don't know what manner of people the Tlonsiyyians are. They may very well be gnomes! It would be awful if we sent a bunch of gnome hating delegates to a gnome city!

All of those people you suggested should come and interview for a place in the delegation! I am being as open and fair as possible. I want to pick those people who will represent the best the Well has to offer our distant neighbors.

There are some things about this trip we should be wary and suspicious of. Several people have told me that they suspect may be some sort of trap! Because of this and other diplomatic concerns I do not think it is wise for either Legate to go in person. After all they did not send the leader of their settlement to us, they sent an envoy. An envoy can be humble and contrite and apologize without making you personally appear meek. The delegation does not have enough room for a sizable security detail.

Your counterpart has also requested that I send one of his magistrates or representatives. There simply isn't enough room in the delegation to devote so many seats to the needs of the State, not when the focus of the delegation is trade. We do not want to offend our hosts by not sending them what they asked for!

I will pick a magistrate, prelate or some other official to serve as the Well's envoy on this trade delegation. Aubrey has expressed an interest in serving, so has Sephidra. I worry that Don Souk's status as a reformed criminal may send the wrong message to our hosts.

I will deliver my choices for the delegation to you and your fellow Legate for final approval.

Live and drink,
Acolyte Narwen Alendiel