Envoy Narwen

Started by Random_White_Guy, November 09, 2023, 03:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Delivered by an ashfolk in modest, head to toe garb to the Ambassadorial's Rest

QuoteEnvoy Narwen,

The Gilded Groknak sends word.

"Youthful Narwen.

Where for the humans so much has occurred, dramatic changes, war, strife. For we longer lived it was a few breaths ago we spoke in the Palatial Pyramid. Yourself, Sol Auk, Snorri. Though matters with Ynis Eilir did not grow as Sol Auk endeavored it is good you remain involved in the building of bridge.

There is much debate on Tlonsiyya. It is opportunity without question, this much is known from debates within the Gold long into the night, debates with those of White, and others. It is a very human sentiment though to believe opportunity is rare.

As you assemble your company, it is ultimately your decision. This is recognized.

While there is undeniable early profit and advancement made in arrival of first impression with such Trade Envoy, it is but first.

If you wish one of our rank as Sol Auk, Ariel, Rancini, and others would offer, it is at your disposal. We would be glad to attend if invited, as they did originally come seeking we.

If you do not, no ill will, so long as success is guaranteed by your retinue.

The luxury of a life beyond Politic for Sol Auk. He did not need to be there when Frostport and Baz'eel broke crabshell the first time. He did not need to be there when the route to Banafsi opened.

Regardless of if we are in attendance or not. Once ground made fertile by politics, will the Consortium labor to sow trade and reap fortune."

Rakim secretary of...

SOL AUK
Exchequer of The Consortium
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

MAGIC

Quote from: Letter to Sol AukDear Sol Auk of the Gilded Groknak,

Thank you for writing to me! I was relieved to hear of your survival! I had heard a rumour that you had fallen victim to the cannibal brooker Marl. I am glad that this is not true and that you are hale and hearty!

I must make one clarification. The envoy from Tlonsiyya did not ask for you. This is a misunderstanding spread by well meaning people of the Well. The envoy asked to speak with the Well's Master of Trade. I told him that the Well did not have such a position and suggested one of the Legates instead. Around this time some well meaning person made a bellows asking for "Sol Auk The Master of Trade". Surely you can see where the misunderstanding comes from!

On to the substance of your letter!

I am giving strong consideration to inviting Ariel to join the delegation as a merchant of the Well. She has many skills which may be of interest to our hosts. She may also be able to make significant investments and purchases which might convince the people of Tlonsiyya that Ephia's Well will be a valuable partner.

Hamdan al-Hamdan is not a member of your company yet. I am also strongly considering including him as a scholar and philosopher of the Well.

My final choices are not yet made. There are more people I must interview and due considerations that must be made. I will do so tomorrow.

Live and drink,
Acolyte Narwen Alendiel

Random_White_Guy

A missive left by an Ashfolk with pupils the size of saucers. He was timid his last vist, returning a few minutes later clearly higher than the Floating Terrace.

Envoy,

Though Sol Auk was pleased to speak in the Krak de Rose he wishes send further word.

QuoteAriel sends word the size of Gift reducing. A gambit for certain, but Sol Auk would suggest you entreat with Nasreen as she now holds the Purple Seat. She would understand that due charity must be given to make up for the State-Sponsored Captain seeking such woe.

Also two our Embassies remain vacant, a sizeable potential inroad for new trade.

Above all though do not let the difficulty of logistics, of herding the dunecats of Ephia, labor you unduly.

It is a matter of diplomacy of which you have been well practiced in. Ignore the noise, trust your instinct. They have steered well since leaving Ynis Eilir.

Rakim secretary of...

SOL AUK
Exchequer of The Consortium
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips