A Letter to Speaker Quendi, Spring's Gift [DM, War]

Started by MAGIC, March 31, 2024, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGIC

Dear Quendi, Beloved Speaker,

I share concerning news. The Thousand Clans have gathered under IAKMES. IAKMES has vowed to bring about an Age of Bronze. He vows to slaughter all the people whom he sees as interlopers in the Great Sea of Ash. He says only through their blood can the land breathe again.

I do not know what IAKMES intentions towards the Spring and our people are. In days past the people of the Well have vowed to me that they would protect the Spring and the Newborn if we ask for it. But their memories are fickle. Their lives short. Their speakers change with the month. Young speakers do not always honor the words and ways of old speakers.

The people of the Well have asked me if the Spring might help in their war. I have told them that nothing sacred grows from ash and blood. I have told them that the gifts of the Spring are for the Newborn and the Newborn alone and these gifts are not for the making of war. I have told them that the Children of the Spring will not fight in this war.

They understand.

It has been suggested that the Kinbands who feel the call to wander the Great Sea may see and hear things that are worth sharing. Tales of things-that-are which may save lives from the axe and fire. They wonder if the Kinbands of Ynys Eilir might share these tales with the people of the Well.

I ask, on their behalf, for your wisdom and the wisdom of the Spring in this matter. Will you hear their request and consider it? If it is your desire to hear them then I can bring Bashir to the Spring so that you may hear their words directly.

With love,
Narwen Alendiel

MAGIC

Dear Quendi, Beloved Speaker,

The great city-states of the old, tired world gather for Kardesler today. A few voices have suggested sending an invitation to Spring's Gift. I have advised them to the contrary, but they feel that the Gift may yet have a role in this sad war. My words to them was the same as before - Nothing green grows from ash and blood.

Sometimes these people I now live among only hear what they want to hear.

There is a clan forces held up to the east and south of Kha'esh. They do not threaten the Spring yet, they are still far away. They are waiting and building bridges and fortresses. I will let you know if this changes.

I have rescued a hawk from the Clans. Her name was Spleeneater, but I have given her a new name and she has taken nicely to it. Her name is now Charity. Charity Spleeneater Alendiel.

With love,
Narwen Alendiel
Acolyte of the Sibylline Sisterhood