Punisher balance pass

Started by Scholararium, February 26, 2023, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scholararium

I wanted to throw out a suggestion for a balance pass on the Barbarian Punisher perk.

At a higher level, or while raging, the punisher shield damage should be magical in some way instead of slashing.

As it stands, any DR invalidates the perk almost completely, including the 2nd level spell Ghostly Image.

Thus many mobs and the vast majority of all pvp situations will leave you at -4 AC with no strength bonus while raging, for a return of next to nothing for the "perk".

The level 1 chaos shield effect already implies a magical bent to the ability at a certain point, but at a 2% chance of activation it would hardly make up the difference.

I'm interested in feedback about this. I know other perks might also be broken and needing tweaking, but this should be on the table.

Dredi

Hah, I made this exact suggestion back in v4 and was immediately shot down that punisher was already one of the best barbarians in circulation.

Scholararium

I just started here under a month ago, but it seems pretty apparent from the DM spice and pvp I've done that punisher is a straight nerf to barbarian in many instances. I can't speak to their state in v4