Shapeshift form bugs

Started by Scrappa-yeti, May 04, 2020, 02:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrappa-yeti

When I run around in a long form, like a cat, I have difficulty with transitions.

There are several places in the drips where I have a one hundred percent stuck rate. I can walk, but I get rubber banded after a few steps, and snap back. I have to relog to get off that spot. The two examples are the second transition from the canals to the drips, and when I go down the grate from the first level of the drips to the second.

Also, sometimes when going through transitions I do not end up where expected. Going down the grate to the Orbs quest jumps me to about half way down that first corridor, as close to the QA door as the ladder back up, and causes me to get rubber band stuck again.

Also, just now, going from the Ponds to the Willow Way, I am moved right a few inches, which unfortunately leaves me in the water, not on the bridges, and unable to leave the area.

Addendum: When Howl tried to move me from the rubber banding in the Willow Way, even the DM move tool caused me to snap back. He described it as a "weird transition loop". Hope that helps.

Howlando

Fix attempted. Report if this continues to happen.

Scrappa-yeti

The rubber banding is fixed. None of the points above stick me now.

The displacement continues however. I am still, for example, moved to the right of the entrance to Willow Way, into the water. On the upside, I am no longer rubber banded into place. On the downside, I am still stuck in an area I cannot get out of...

Scrappa-yeti

Grate down to Orbs QA also still displaces also, needs a relog to move.

VanillaPudding

Not sure if this helps , but at the top left of the screen you'll probably see a "use" icon, solid or flashing on / off. You might be able to click it to cancel the failing action for a temporary fix.

derkot

I know same can happen if you in wildshape enters in tinkering workshop in Commons.
It indeed puts a character in endless action loop, even trying canceling action or moving by DM not helps. Only being ported to another area by DM helps to Escape From Unlimited action loops. And entering back in bugged area in not wildshape.
Радостное одиночество.