Make butchering easier

Started by Scrappa-yeti, May 11, 2020, 07:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrappa-yeti

Now I am probably the worst person in the world to judge this, not having butchered an animal ever, but I suspect that the current roll required to get meat from an animal is too high.

Currently, it clusters around fifteen, sometimes fourteen, as high as seventeen.

This means that, on average, a totally unskilled person can only get edible food from a deer one time four... Skinning I understand, that seems like a technical skill, but surely even an untrained person can get edible flesh from a large animal?

I suggest the number be significantly lower, but the item quality stays the same. It would be easy to get some poor quality meat from a deer, but it is not any easier than now to get fabulous meat, or whatever the higher qualities are.

Stranger

Heal + Wilderness Survival = You will always exceed the DCs by a factor of 10 or so.

Scrappa-yeti

Right, sure you will. But my point is you shouldn't need to be some weird aberrant hybrid of  Bear Grylls and Henry Gray just to get some edible muscle tissue from a carcass, yes?

Mushroom Mushroom

It's a skill you need to train to carve meat.