FERL DIXON AND THE SECOND HELPING BOYS

Started by The Second Helping Boys, April 18, 2020, 11:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Second Helping Boys

Pure Sorcerer with the Mesmerizer Perk. Skill Focus Appraise, Silverpalm, SF Enchantment
Max Ranks in Appraise, Bluff Persuade, Concentration, and Lore
10 Ranks Secondary Bluff, Ten Ranks Cooking, Ten Ranks in Fishing

Ferl Dickson was a conman and snake-oil salesman from the Dalelands who was horrified when he woke up in Ring 99 to discover that literally every merchant was just as shiftless and underhanded as he was. He decided to use what little he knew about the rings to give himself an advantage over the others. Taking advantage of the evidence in Moonspear's return that even the Peerage Lords had no idea at all what the Royal Court was or how it functioned, and taking advantage of the fact that Ticker Square was vulnerable to attack from the Peerage after the Sibilant Invasion he faked a Royal Mandate from the Royal Court declaring that an official negotiator was to be elected in an extremely vague way with the intention of eventually naming himself that negotiator. Then he'd use the Peerage's diehard need to obey the Royal Court, and Ticker's vulnerability, to leverage his position as the go-between to get prestige, money, and live the good life getting fat and gambling watching the ladies dance in the Spinning Groat.

Things were going well. He bribed Danebluff to get into the race to make it newsworthy. He bribed the Rumor Mill to make a big deal about it. He got Walda Webber to endorse his campaign by framing up Danebluff as Tchammorar's puppet, and explaining that Webber needed to sponsor her own man for the position to compete. Now with the Guild vaguely approving he was JUST about to meet with the Stonebuilders and bribe them to build a fake ruined Mayoral Manorhouse out in the Scraggleways ruins that must have "been revealed" in the chaos of the Cube leaving, and would then in short order name himself Mayor. With Ticker Square's authorities giving his Royal Mayor position tacit approval through Webber the plan was to head to the Peerage Ward and meet with the Royal Archivist to get the one guy who was the actual source of Royal Authority to give the stamp of approval, and once the Royal Archivist OK'd the Royal Mayor it would be official in every Ward in every way that matters.

The plan was to see if the Archivist even knew that it wasn't real, and if he did call Ferl out Ferl would explain that this was the best thing to happen for Peerage authority in Ticker since the rebellion. He'd claim that its proof that the commonfolk were resentful of the Guild and ready to transition back to the Peerage rule. That by demonstrating that all the common men were willing to come out and vote their approval for a Royal Court position to represent them they'd shown a return to the King, and that they supported the edict which acknowledged the Peerage's right to tax merchants. Furthermore that the people had turned out to vote into the position of their voice to their Peerage Lords a common man who was in no way associated with the Guild instead of the Merchant's Guild Member Luke Danebluff. That for all these reasons acknowledging and supporting the position of Royal Mayor would be a huge blow to the Merchant's Guild and a great boost to the cause of returning Ticker Square to Peerage rule, which of course Ferl would offer to assist with as the common man's voice in the Ward.

Then he'd have done basically none of that and just waited around for opportunities to abuse his small amount of power and influence, ate a lot, and tried to get richer and more important looking while being a drunken, junksnuff addicted, whoremongering gambler. Souther good ol' boy style.

And that's the legacy of Ferl "Please Pass the Biscuits" Dickson!

His name was a reference to Ferl Dixon and the Second Helping Boys band from The Simpsons with the chili cook-off

This happened at one point. I think a DM was trolling.

He died trying to get more charisma because I wanted to get a million charisma for more sexy con-man action like tricking the Royal Archivist and everyone else.

I had a cool clock that was a part of all that ticking nonsense. My broke clock was ticking. I got 3 chaotic points for answering Wundy's inquisitor's questions at the debate with this in my pack. I wanted to get it fixed for the longest time but I couldn't find a tinkerer to save my life. Big regret.

Valentine Webber told him he was too shabbily dressed to represent her so he bought an awesome clothes. The RP was amazing. Thank you Arc.

First few days I led a bunch of criminals in a smuggling thing. It was awesome. Very appropriate for the character. Thanks to Akke and YMD. This was the reward loot.

I'm still so mad I didn't get to explore the cooking system as much as I wanted to. I made some candy and some wine. This was my favorite thing I managed to make.

No one ever bought my fancy Pearl Prestige wine :(
Arc let me rename some of the wine I was cooking up in the cooking system, but in classic Ferl Dickson style he was a cheap shysters and watered it down like crazy.

Chillin' with My Peeps (and My Main Man, The Monarch)

Going to miss you Jeb we were spirit-twins. You would have been invited to the flower club with Ferl to leer at the dancing ladies even though you couldn't swim very fast

Wakefield

You crazy son of a bitch. You could've been Mayor and ruled the decaring with a fist like a honey-baked ham.

I gave Ferl a whirl. :(

Poolson

This Ferl was a pearl.

A fat, lovable pearl.

Nazey

RIP almost-mayor-quimby.  Loved all of the RP we had.  Ferl has rubbed off on Voryn with his teachings; it was very fun to naturally run into this father-son dynamic between two men who at least somewhat knew the other was a bit sleazy.

A few random shots:

Pigadig

Cat

Drink With Me

I had fun interacting with Ferl on both Maggie and my newer character Luther.  At times Ferl was over the top but damn was he funny.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Dillusionist

best mayor so far this chapter

ticker needs more patent medicines

Moonlighter

10/10 grift would latch onto it for free money and prestige again

Connipxions

Ferl Dickson made me laugh more than anything else in the past several weeks. Absolutely loved everything you did, both IG and on the forums. Just fantastic

Ruul Velstra: Some madness is fine. Madness is important. But not... /that/ much.