Yllasaadinatranna Svaneffini, Ace Reporter and Clockmaker.

Started by derkot, May 07, 2020, 07:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

Creation Date
2019-08-17 08:13:32

Yllasaadinatranna Svaneffini was created purely to learn and practice with tinkering as well as small alt character to play with while I was waiting for the result on my app for a new character.  But application was declined, I slowly continued to play and explore tinkering, slowly quested and gained levels. And then there happened point of no returning. Stranger's reporter invited my gnome to the Rumour Mill. And once I am joining to any associations, I am never leaving character until it is killed or something else. So, once my character joined to The Rumour Mill, everything got very serious. I started slowly to do Ringrunning, picking up rumours, stealthy follow people, listening what about other people whispers, and so on. I never wanted to play actually a reporter because (as usual) my gnome had negative charisma. Sometimes I tried to play a shy character. Sometimes I tried to play a very impudent character. So I was made not many issues and not was very keen on happening but sometime was doing small rumours when something major happens or just to show what some things happening and going around.

So, what was the personal goals of character? All boring and simple as it can be. Just be a master tinkerer. Though with time, many other characters was more talking about clocks and time in the City of Rings. From time to time some characters was approaching and talking about it. Someone was asking, someone was just interested to learn more. But I didn't was very interested in this. It leads to consequences. And because my gnome is shyly loner, it was clear to just avoid it. But and here happened something. Another point of no returning.  DeltaTime character (Thesputin Bobbyknock) with help of DM(s) invented(or recovered) new small god, Clocks Shadow. And suddenly, clocks and all talking about time become very important and had big meaning behind. It was not just "why it is forbidden?", there was big space for philosophy, something, what you can easily add to background of broken clocks. There was something important now, reasons why character can risk and do something that may bring terrible consequences or lead to even death. There was no just "let's do it and see what happen". So character got more strong goals. It is to try fix clocks in the Ticker Square.

But I decided what this task is not something that you must do quickly. It is not something you put many points in tinkering and trying grab DMs saying what you want to fix or make something. I carefully started collect many different things and making more things by tinkering. Study aspect of time philosophically, talking with few characters little about this and that, listening opinions and trying to see the full picture. Of course, my character not was very hidden about it. Because of low charisma character tried to attract more attention, tried look "better". Was often talking about new devices, about plans for new devices and showing different things to everyone when there was a good opportunity. So, I would guess, it wasn't hard to think what such good tinkerer soon or later will consider do something about clocks. But I was still trying do it very carefully. Not giving promises, not telling whole things. But slower with each step was moving towards the goal.

Character slowly was acquiring "critical mass" of important things and knowledge but I am almost never was turning away from possible perma-death events if that can bring something important, bring something what worth risking. Something what just very important for a character. I took part in a few perma-death events and not thinking about what if I will just die here. After EFU:R, I think, what I will always play risky than safely. Can this event ruin all character progress? Yes. Is that super important for character and she just can't ignore it? Yes. And I will always take part in it. It is what makes character alive, give more meaning to what character actually doing. So, as I was saying, character was slowly acquiring "critical mass" of things.

Character collected large amount of important things that may help progress toward her goal but one and only one thing I was missing. The Power Core. I knew what Abala long ago was saying what it is very exhausting to do this events and likely there not going to happen anytime soon but, I guess, I was just lucky what Abala was in the mood for this. (Thank you, Abala) I knew what probably my character has almost everything for goal, almost just what is needed for the final step but the Power Core item was attracting more. I was a long time considering should my character risk everything for one thing. And of course, in end we all know what I risked. And if even my character died, I would honestly not regret this.

And once everything was prepared, my character made a final step. Of course, it is all sadly spoiler-spoilery but there is an important thing, yes. My character was enough successful to actually even continue to play and do more things but I decided what that was just enough for character. Yes, there is more potential was, more goals to acquire, more things to do but it was felt what it was enough for character. What someone else should continue to do this, someone else should dig deeper. And I decided to retire character.
Oh, and small comment about Ringrunning.
Furthest:  Ring 76
I want to say, what very big things may very easily happen all in Ring 99th and close to it. Sometimes it is not needed to have access to all this nice looking ring to grab little pieces of lore from different parts. Everything can be done and not leaving very far. At some point I was somewhat bored at Ringrunning. Was casually walking back and forward, meeting sometimes other groups and talking with them, it was funny, yes, and probably my character had chance and opportunity to do ringrun even deeper, but I liked what my character was doing and liked to stay in Ring 99th.

Thank you very much to all DMs and players with whom I was playing and somewhat influenced on my character.
I am often read what my character was interesting and liked by many, I am honestly surprised. I think what sometimes I played badly her, what there was moments that I could do better. But nonetheless, it is pleasant to see what such a simple character with simple goal was interesting to observe and interact with.
I have of course many concepts and ideas, so I will try to keep quality and play something interesting!

And of course loot and mechanical parts. Everything under spoiler.

[hide]

Yes, as 10th level rogue perk, I took skill mastery to represent how good my character at tinkering. And yes, I have this two silly skill focuses. Search to represent her background as "scumpicker" and "craft trap" to show her trainings in tinkering.
One of loot which I can't show was two very notoriously rings of Tomb Robbers or Tomb something. Yes. These two rings can be acquired in-game, so seek them!
Other DM loot though I can show and they all was somehow connected with tinkering.

[/hide]
Радостное одиночество.

Mushroom Mushroom

I was always curious what this shy gnome was up to. A shame I never investigated...

Aethereal

There go the DERKOT rumours. Alas, the end of an era of rumourmongering in the markets of Ticker Square.  >:(

Quote from: RIP, Market RumoursMarket Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Rumours says what one bard in despair approached imp in Ticker Square and was seeking great inspiration for ballad. Unknown bard signed contract and imp guided bard to sinister-looking seam according to rumours. Since then nobody saw this bard.

Market Rumor : Word spread about new victims of Ib`javi. Rumours claim a small group of mercenaries approached imp and signed a contract to gain a great number of shield potions and cure critical wounds healing potions. Since then nobody saw these mercenaries again.

Market Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Rumours says disguised agents of Ib`javi tried to sneak into Temple in Ticker Square disguised as magical spoon. Rumours says what one elf woman suffered from spoon but a member of the Merchant Guild, Artfall, managed to deal with a spoon.

Market Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Newly awoken visited Ticker Square with bright and new ideas to open new guild in Ticker Square and later decided to take a loan from imp. After signing a contract, imp guided awoken to sinister-looking seam. Nobody saw this awoken again.

Market Rumor : Some rumours spread about another victim of Ib`javi. Rumours says what small homeless girl sold her soul by signing a contract with imp in Ticker Square for a piece of bread. Few whispers what nobody ever saw girl again.

Market Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Newly Awoken didn`t manage to defeat the Pillar Puzzle in Ring 99 and decided to buy a key by signing a contract with imp in Ticker Square. Nobody saw this Awoken again.

Market Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Rumours says what one mongrel wanted to become human again and approached imp. Few whispers what mongrel signed contract and was guided to sinister-looking seam. Nobody heard about this mongrel again.

Market Rumor : Word spreads about another victim of Ib`javi. Rumours says her most trusted imp stole from one Peerage resident about forty silver spoons. Few whispers what it somehow connected with her past and imprisonment. Nobody can even suggest what dark things Ib`javi going to do with spoons.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

wundyboy

I never once interacted with this PC. I never really ever had the chance through my various concepts in the time it was around to really engage with her. But as a reporter, and through the various rumors, she was made known throughout the server repeatedly, and gained a massive reputation for herself, even though she was the 'recluse'.

Sticking to a concept, and riding through the highs and lows is something not a lot of people can do here, and for that, you're one of the greater players on EFU.

Keep doing what you're doing man- your work is excellent.

whyemmdee

tchundere

Octarine

It was a real treat to play with you, and search for Eureka together derkot.

I am really looking forward to the next time we line up.

Wakefield

You and your character are practically mascot-status for EFU. Ylla is well-loved and fondly remembered. I'll miss all the fun rumors and articles, but I'm eager to meet your next PC. You're amazing!  ;D

putrid_plum

SkagHunter

Holy_Rage

How to influence a whole server through loyalty to a concept. Kudos!
Current PC: Nardic

Drink With Me

With little interactions i still enjoyed this PC she will be greatly missed.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

LiAlH4

Quarterdragon

I thought it was absolutely incredible when she sweet-talked her way into joining the Tears of Blood for a certain ring challenge, then used her gnomish guile to make off with the ONLY key.  Others in the group were rightfully furious, but I just couldn't stop laughing at the audaciousness of it.

Later, it was fun to bring her as many schematics as possible in search of the perfect gun, which never materialized into what we planned but led to some zany inventions anyway.