Cynthia the Summoner

Started by Connipxions, April 25, 2020, 04:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connipxions

Had fun on this PC, I had many more plans and things I wanted to explore and do but you can't have everything. Thanks to DMs and players who interacted with me. The best screenshots have already been posted before in the screenshots channel on Discord. If I find any more that are worthwhile I'll post them here.

SOUNDTRACK
A Playlist

WRITINGS:
Cynthia's Journal
Chaomancy For Beginners!
Seamly - the Journal of the Royal Prospectariat's Subcommittee on Planar Studies
A New Age of Magic!
Order Out of Chaos!

UPDATE: Some screenshots.

Quote from: SCREENIES!1. HELLO, CYNTHIA[hide][/hide]

2. A moment of reflection[hide][/hide]

3. A fantastic portrait by Loops[hide][/hide]

4. MAGIC[hide][/hide]

5. ?[hide][/hide]

6. The High Slaadomancer in her prime. [hide][/hide]

7. WIZARD MADNESS IS A MYTH [hide]

[/hide]

8. Sometimes people wondered why Cynthia seemed so rash and reckless and seemed to lack a survival instinct. [hide][/hide]

9. Once upon a time, Cynthia was nothing more than a grudging employee of the Royal Archive. [hide][/hide]

10. Albeit one who took every opportunity to explore strange new worlds. [hide]

[/hide]

11. A first encounter with Marcille's Magnificent Magic Missile. [hide][/hide]

12. MOSKAU MOSKAU [hide][/hide]

13. Trusting her erstwhile Archive colleague Alaethe became increasingly difficult. I mean, a talking snake would never lie to you, right!? [hide][/hide]

14. Nightmares ... [hide][/hide]

15. An early chance encounter with the legendary Ser Vladislav became her ticket to the parties of the Vale. [hide]

[/hide]

16. Socialite Cynthia knew all the latest gossip. [hide][/hide]

17. Reformation of the Ordo Arcanum. [hide][/hide]

18. Deciding what kind of magic is best for trapping Ib'javi. [hide][/hide]

19. Anthropological studies. [hide][/hide]

20. Cynthia was totally normal and there was nothing unusual about her [hide][/hide]

21. Aethelwine And The Apprentices, World Tour [hide][/hide]

22. An early attempt to impress Ruul. [hide][/hide]

23. Sometimes (often) there were unfortunate side effects. [hide][/hide]

24. Catsby, Colleague of the Retainers [hide]

[/hide]

25. Catching up on some sleep in the wine cellar. [hide][/hide]

26. Greeting the locals [hide][/hide]

27. NOT INSANE, JUST A FIELD STUDY [hide][/hide]

28. The latest in planaronomy [hide]

[/hide]

29. On Doors and Keys [hide][/hide]

30. Approaching Ten Thousand [hide][/hide]

31. The Music of the Spheres [hide]

[/hide]

32. Light within light! [hide][/hide]

33. New Friends [hide]

[/hide]

34. Debriefing [hide]

[/hide]

35. TEMARI and Cynthia were actually friends for a while, though they had disagreements, for example on questing tactics [hide][/hide]

36. Cynthia, Ferl and Luke were once rivals for the MAYORAL ELECTION. Pick your poison. [hide]

[/hide]

37. In hindsight, the others never stood a chance against Ferl. [hide][/hide]

38. FERL's oppo research machine [hide][/hide]

39. A girl of the most refined and limbic disposition [hide][/hide]

40. A bad girl of the most refined and delicate sensibilities [hide][/hide]

41. THEY KNOW [hide][/hide]

42. She dared to turn down N'Dare [hide][/hide]

43. Cynthia and Doc Larc hit it off right away. Unfortunately flirting didn't get you far with the Doc [hide]

[/hide]

44. The Vale slowly began to tire of Cynthia's experiments. (Natasha did her best to have Cynthia thrown out of the Vale forever) [hide][/hide]

45. A special gift from a special someone [hide][/hide]

46. Soaking up the HIPE in Tehoto [hide][/hide]

47. HIPEd up [hide]
[/hide]

48. Political science 101 with the DUKE [hide][/hide]

49. Field trip to Limbo [hide][/hide]

50. THE VOID TICKLER [hide][/hide]

51. Mother of Frogs
[hide]

[/hide]

52. Cynthia eventually began attracting unwanted attention from Other Places. [hide][/hide]

53. Ruul may have been Cynthia's Master, but ELIPHAS was her mentor and, perhaps, the only one who truly believed in her. [hide]

[/hide]

54. He gave her the wherewithal to do great things ... [hide][/hide]

55. Slaad wars [hide][/hide]

56. Before Cynthia forcibly summoned and bound MARCILLE, they were on good terms. [hide][/hide]

57. By means which shall remain secret, Cynthia obtained Warrenwatch, and hastily brought it back to her Master ... [hide]

[/hide]

58. The slaadomancer finally handed in her resignation to Nilps. [hide][/hide]

59. Giving Warrenwatch an extreme home makeover [hide][/hide]

60. NEW RUULES [hide][/hide]

61. Discussing Crazy Plans [hide][/hide]

62. ... yet [hide][/hide]

63. Pedestrian, get it??! [hide][/hide]

64. No but seriously though do you see [hide][/hide]

65. Keeping colleagues in line [hide][/hide]

66. Hospitality! [hide][/hide]

67. But for all her success, SOMEHOW Cynthia found herself increasingly alone ...[hide]

[/hide]

68. LUKE DANEBLUFFand Cynthia had an on-again-off-again romance. They both proposed to each other. They both spurned each other's advances. It all came to naught![hide]

[/hide]

69. Eventually she turned her romantic sights elsewhere. To Billy of the Bucket and Broom. (He said yes!) [hide][/hide]

70. Cynthia had a very large collection of planar oddities. [hide][/hide]

71. Eventually she gathered 77 individual oddities, all of which were consumed (along with many other rare, unique and powerful objects) in the summoning of ...

FINAL CHARLES, THE MEGASLAAD [hide]

[/hide]

72. Explorations [hide][/hide]

73. A final farewell [hide][/hide]

Until we meet again!

Ruul Velstra: Some madness is fine. Madness is important. But not... /that/ much.

Walrus Warwagon

She was a blast to play with, even if our time zones allowed only a small RP window. Thank you for this amazing calamity of a character. Team Crazy for Fun!

Easy To Remember

I had quite a lot of fun smiling-and-nodding and, more or less, just trying to keep Catsby from getting herself dead. You did a great job always keeping the bizarre antics rolling.

Wakefield

This day, a hundred thousand frogs croak not in victory, but in mourning. Godspeed, chaos on legs.

Red Moon

Cynthia will be missed . Her antics were legendary, and I must say I am so impressed with your dedication to the character.  Thank you.

Another theme song for you.

Poolson

Cynthia was a great portrayal of wizard madness. During her more lucid moments, she was also a good friend.

But in the end, what she ultimately was, was the gateway to the Slaadpocalypse.

Godspeed, pal.

Mushroom Mushroom

VanillaPudding

Autarch

I took some screenshots.

[hide][Cynthia Catsby's Powers of Friendship are Untrained(Critical Failure).] For now.

The solution to every problem. She really did show Alaethe what she was capable of though.

This pretty much encapsulates the friendship between Cynthia and Alaethe perfectly.

The Language of Slaadi.

Frog Mom.

The Grand Summoning of Charles the Megaslaad...

... was a musical number.

[hide=Wizardry is for the Wise.]NOT![/hide]

RIP Frog Mom.

[/hide]

Bye Cynthia.

Richørd

[hide]Context : The little stand-off with an Architect of the City right after Warrenwatch was moved by a gigantic megaslaad.

[/hide]

Drink With Me

If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Octarine

This PC was astounding. I did not intend to have a nemesis when I made my PC, but things really shifted with how absolutely bonkers she was. I'm really sad it didn't last longer.

A+

Blood For Baal!

As always timezones kept us from interacting much but you were the best Mayoral opponent of the bunch. Always fun interacting with your PCs even at a distance

Aethereal

Just a little music I stumbled upon while listening to some of the tracks from Cynthia's playlist, that seemed to fit the mood of the moment: Goodbye, Catsby.

What can I say.

Seeing Catsby from the early days, ever the feisty elitist, full of rivalry and one-upmanship from the very beginning but also a deep sense of wanting a community for those like her; being inherently attracted to and respecting the company of her fellow magi. Those were the innocent times.

Somewhere along the way, she started inhaling the drug that is the plane sickness, growing more and more unstable, reckless, alone, and then being the benefactor of a terrible moment of weakness of her Master's Arch-rival she arose supreme. An ascendant apprentice who achieved her terrible magnum opus so early in life, suffering no consequence from her profane ritualism, but of course, in a moment of rife delusion - that sense of immortality only one who has never suffered failure could possess - found herself in a most horrible and precarious place...

...and in her desperation enacting, Catsby's Concluding Catastrophe!

Ah, what a show, V. What a show.

There was more to what happened down there in that in-between place, where the soul lies in uncertainty. But as Cynthia says, what happens on the Other Side, stays on the Other Side.  :'(

[hide]
But it did conclude with this:

[He sheds a few last spectral tears as he waves to Cynthia for the last time.]
[/hide]
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Connipxions

Quote from: Aethereal on April 27, 2020, 09:46:10 AM
Just a little music I stumbled upon while listening to some of the tracks from Cynthia's playlist, that seemed to fit the mood of the moment: Goodbye, Catsby.

What can I say.

Seeing Catsby from the early days, ever the feisty elitist, full of rivalry and one-upmanship from the very beginning but also a deep sense of wanting a community for those like her; being inherently attracted to and respecting the company of her fellow magi. Those were the innocent times.

Somewhere along the way, she started inhaling the drug that is the plane sickness, growing more and more unstable, reckless, alone, and then being the benefactor of a terrible moment of weakness of her Master's Arch-rival she arose supreme. An ascendant apprentice who achieved her terrible magnum opus so early in life, suffering no consequence from her profane ritualism, but of course, in a moment of rife delusion - that sense of immortality only one who has never suffered failure could possess - found herself in a most horrible and precarious place...

...and in her desperation enacting, Catsby's Concluding Catastrophe!

Ah, what a show, V. What a show.

There was more to what happened down there in that in-between place, where the soul lies in uncertainty. But as Cynthia says, what happens on the Other Side, stays on the Other Side.  :'(

[hide]
But it did conclude with this:

[He sheds a few last spectral tears as he waves to Cynthia for the last time.]
[/hide]

:'(

Ruul Velstra: Some madness is fine. Madness is important. But not... /that/ much.